Author Topic: 5th Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 36535 times)

Offline Ozzy

Re: 5th Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 01:46:31 am »
Just got home from another great weekend at Moontree.  Thanks to Dave a very awesome host .
It was good to see old friends and meet new ones. All ready anticipated next year.
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2017, 04:26:59 pm »
Just got settled in from gettin home from moontree... gotta sy that was the best weekend i've had in a long time. Thanx to Dave for makin everyone feel at home and opening his home and property to us. Moontree has everything... 3-d course, gun range, bow building shop, good food, great people... just cant say enough... cant wait til next year.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2017, 05:36:04 pm »
It was good to see everyone again and also had some new blood that I think we just might have got them hooked....Dave thanks so much for having this bunch of nuts out to your place for a weekend to remember.  I think there were more shavings made this year than years past.  Good food, good stories, good shoot'n and really good times.  Came back with one less arra this year to a robin hood.  Glad to see Greg make it, how did that leather jacket dry out on the way back??? :)  Note to self and anyone else who likes to shoot muzzle loaders....do "not" get into an off hand shooting contest at 75 yards with stixnstones !!  Damn good shooting Mike!  It ain't luck when you can do it back t back.  As far as bow building, it is amazing the improvement I've seen in the guys that have been there the last few years bow building.  These guys are producing some very nice bows,
Again... Dave's a great host and I a blast...THANKS Dave!
Till next time,
DBar

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2017, 06:05:09 pm »
What a great weekend.  The weather was perfect on Friday and Saturday.  It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones.  I missed seeing Tracy and Daniel.  Thanks for making it Greg.  I bet that was a fun ride home on that bike.  Thank you so much for hosting this again Dave.  This was the best course set up that you have had.  I think I finally understand the baseball game.  It seems like we always find stuff to blow up and critters to skin at Moontree.  This year was no exception.  I took a few pictures.  I'll try to post some tomorrow. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »
I had a really good time. Thank Dave for open your home. It was nice to meet some of the people on here. I learned a lot from this trip. Thank everybody for helping me or explaining things to me.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2017, 09:27:18 pm »
Good to see everyone. Sorry I missed most of the fun events and some of the good food, but had a great time anyway.  I dodged the first few thousand raindrops on the way back, but couldn't avoid the drenching I got about midway back. Ended up soaked to the bone, but it was warm, so no worries. Can't wait till next year. Good job Dave!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2017, 11:12:08 pm »
Guys, I agree it was a great Moon Tree Gathering, but it had little to do with my efforts, but more so with friends, old and new, who graced my humble workshop's doors.  Thank you all for coming.  It was a joy meeting the new folks and hearing them making plans to return again next year.  For me, this was my most relaxed Gathering ever, even though I'd planned some extravagant meals and a rifle shoot.  The lack of stress was do to you guys making yourselves at home.  Heck, I even started a bow this weekend.

Mike, thanks so much for the knife.  I'm already considering ideas of how I'm going to sheath it.  Ideas I'm considering are: attach it to my revolver shoulder holster, attach it to a quiver (I really like Bill's hip quiver) or make a neck sheath for it.  In typing this I'm thinking I might do all 3.  That way it would pretty much be with me anytime I step out.  And, that hackberry bow you finished here is just beautiful.  And, wow what a shooter.

I could type through till next week thank each one of you for the gifts you've bestowed on me, but the greatest gift is your friendship.  Thank you.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2017, 11:29:04 pm »
Best Moontree ever!   

Offline DLH

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2017, 11:31:49 pm »
Glad everyone had a good time hopefully I will make it next year this is the one event I try my hardest to attend but it just couldn't happen this year.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2017, 06:28:08 am »
I hate that I was only able to make it for a few hrs Friday. But it was nice to meet Stixandstones and selfbowjoe. Also Ozzy, Clint, Bill, Joe , and Dave nice to see you fellas again. Dave you did a heck of a job again this year. Looking forward to MT6 gathering.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2017, 07:58:31 am »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2017, 03:59:33 pm »
I finally have some pictures to post.

Dave explaining the rules of the baseball game

Wapiti Joe showing how to make the tree stand shot

Ozzy splitting the osage we rescued from a farmer cutting fire wood

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:24:39 pm by osage outlaw »

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2017, 04:01:42 pm »
I forgot to grab one of the staves.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2017, 04:04:52 pm »
More pictures

The incredible robin hood primitive shot.  The fact that it was a fancy Danzn-puff arrow made it even better.

Stix shooting the course

More fun on the course

Hawk Eye Mike hitting a 6" steel target 2 for 2 at 70 yards with a flint lock.  That was some incredible shooting.

Bill with some powder behind a bullet  ;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2017, 04:23:30 pm »
More pictures

A usual, we like to blow some stuff up at Moontree

A lot of work was done in the bow shop.  Ozzy helped me reflex a bow

Balsatech helping out with the tiller

Selfbow Joe watching Dave work a hackberry stave

Bill working on some osage

There was a spot and stalk hunt on my bow limb I left outside.

The hunter with his game

The 100 yard bedded buck target provided a lot of fun.  Ozzy hit it in the hoof with the bow he was working on.

I used that 80 year old steel bow and launched every arrow I had.  I came close but never hit it.

I passed on the creek roaches  :P

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:10:34 pm by osage outlaw »