Author Topic: 5th Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 36439 times)

Offline Stixnstones

Re: 5th Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2017, 10:57:23 am »
I could make up a pot o deer chili
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 11:39:03 pm »
selfbow, the ground venison would be greatly appreciated.

stixnstones, venison chili sounds like a great Saturday lunch, to me.

gutshot, I nearly forgot about the crappie.  We'll work that in with any meal.  Heck fried crappie goes good with anything.  I have a turkey fryer with a smaller pot that has a strainer for frying you could use.  I'll furnish the cooking oil. 

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:02 am »
For the boil we need:
5 lbs. of onions cut into 1/8 wedges
8 lbs. of quartered red potatoes
3 lbs. of crab meat
5 lbs. of shrimp and/or crawfish ( in the shell is fine)
6 lbs. of the small cut corn on the cob
5 lbs. of sausage in any combination smoked sausage, kielbasa or andouille sausage.
I'll provide the seasonings
No one person needs to bring the total of the ingredients. For example 3 people could bring 1 lb. of crab meat.

I suggest you prep/cut the food prior to arrival.  Even cut potatoes will hold 3 days in a vacuum sealed bag in refrigeration.  If you bring me a bag of onions or a package of sausage links I will hand you a knife and point you to the cutting board. I am NOT going to spend 2 hours prepping the food.  I have rifle shoot to conduct. I'd like to shot the bow range a couple of time. I'd like to spend more than 15 minutes in the knapping pit with Tracy, and maybe even work on a bow in the shop.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2017, 06:37:36 am »
I will bring the venison

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2017, 08:34:27 am »
I can bring the potatoes and corn.

Dave, did you find a large pot to cook it in?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 11:04:48 pm »
Clint, thanks.  I don't have a large pot yet.  If no one has a pot, I'll buy one.  I'm sure I'll find other uses for one.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 11:06:03 pm »
Thanks selfbow.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:11 pm »
I mowed the 3D course today.  I cleared a couple more lanes for the 2 additional targets that Clint is bringing.  Five weeks until Moon Tree Gathering.  I'm so looking forward to  it.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2017, 10:17:31 am »
Only a few weeks until Moontree gets here.  I'm ready to spend some time in the bow shop Dave.  Remind me a few days before about bringing the extra targets. 

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2017, 07:00:40 pm »
Clint I will remind you about the targets.  Brian thinks he has a large pot.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 11:50:38 am »
I plan to come Friday and maybe Saturday too, mentioned it to a couple of co-workers that are interested as well, especially for flint knapping.  I've kind of gotten interested in that myself.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:58 pm »
I texted Tracy the other day and he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make it.  I hope things work out for him. 

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 09:24:27 pm »
Hey everyone ...... just a couple of weeks till Moontree.   Who all is going...any trades working ?  Dave (aka Chief Blue Feather) what can I bring to the party...I'm always good for a Dutch Oven Cobbler.....any thing else I can bring?  Hell I can't wait, work has just been $hit lately, and I'm needing time away.  I'm bringing a light weight sinew backed recurve I made with matching arrows to shoot the course with.  hope to give it away at one of the shoots that I will be attending this spring.  Anyone else bringing any goodies to take a look at???
DBar

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2017, 12:10:37 am »
Bill, I with you man.  I can't wait to hang with my friends.  I still have a lot to do to be ready for you all.  But, it will happen.

I've been a bit distracted the last couple of months.  I've decided to start writing, again.  So, I've been sending query letters to magazines.  As of now, a couple magazines are interested in an article on a black bear hunt, Brian and I will be doing in December.  I have a couple more article ideas that I'm working on.  I'm pretty excited about re-opening an old chapter of my life.

Bill, you know we LOVE your cobblers!  A Moon Tree without them would be like a Moon Tree without the 100 yard bedded buck shoot. :)

I'll read through all the post this week to see what everyone is planning to bring for meal and whatever, then post the results to see if that still works with those individuals and to see what else we might needs.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2017, 07:39:22 am »
I've got a few projects I want to work on.  One of them is a thin belly split off of a fresh cut stave.  I started to throw it in the burn pile but I saw a bendy handled bow hiding in it.  I clamped it down to my caul.  I'm going to try to quick dry it some.