Author Topic: Turkey Camp 2017 - THINGS HAVE CHANGED!  (Read 4546 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Turkey Camp 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 07:16:54 am »
The future to me if given an honest consciencence effort usually always has a way of working out.You've got to take care of yourself too to begin with to do that.Good luck JW.Stay in touch.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Stoker

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 10:51:45 am »
Good luck on your venture.. Safe travels..
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 11:15:42 am »
JW, we got your back man, take care of you and milk this new adventure for all it's worth. A lot of folks here care about you, me included, just trade us your turkey camp stories for Yuma adventure stories, lol.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 11:42:41 am »
JW, I wish you the best of luck in Yuma and will say a couple prayers for you.  Keller and I wouldn't be able to make it to turkey camp this spring anyway.  We don't want him to miss his graduation. 

BTW, he has gotten a lot of use out of those bibs and will be getting some more during a special January CWD hunt.  Keller still has not gotten his first deer but we have had a lot of fun trying and will continue trying in the snow.   

Best wishes.

Offline Adam

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »
I'll be praying for you too sir.  I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your hunting trips around Yuma.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 11:43:38 am »
Get 'em Killer Keller! 

Hawkdancer, this opportunity doesn't come with a backup 'chute.  And for that matter, I am not being offered a 'chute so much as one of those "squirrel suits" where I either get to fly like crazy of make a great impact....in the ground!  As for canteens on the rattlesnakes, I am wondering do they sling them over their shoulders or attach them to the belt on their hips?  Either way, I find myself suffering a few qualms of doubt on that one!   >:D

And Ed, by gum, you are right.  Either way, come hell or high water, my only real choice is to give it all I have, isn't it? 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 01:16:26 pm »
JW,
Most of use the shoulder pack where they carry their sack lunch!   On the other hand, :)?   Good luck on this endeavor.  It sounds like you have the expertise and motivation to succeed, and we will be thinking of you
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 03:36:19 pm »
Ain't nothin' guaranteed...the start date has been pushed back to as late as January 2018. 

Looks like I got the time for a camp again this year.

PM me if you are interested!  Tentative dates are May 17-21.  That is the last of the season.  Hens are usually clutching eggs at this point and the gobblers are seriously confused as to why they were getting all the lovin' they could stand just a week before and now they ain't getting the time of day from the ladies!  Last year we had at least 30 jakes in with the flocks within half mile of camp, so we should have a few dumber than dirt two year olds to work on!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: Turkey Camp 2017 - THINGS HAVE CHANGED!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 07:35:26 pm »
 Oh man I wanna go! But I can't. It was a great time last year, and I'm sure glad I had the opportunity to go. Will never forget it! There's a big tom there probably still laughing at me and Bybee's desperate attempts at killing him.

Tattoo Dave

Rockford, MI

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 04:39:38 am »
Good luck JW. It's a wise man who recognises when he has to move. You can't give more than you have, I'm sure it will all work out and a change will hopefully invigorate you.
Embrace the change... become the whatsit!
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 02:10:35 pm »
We won't be able to make it.  I have a black powder shoot that weekend, and am supposed to help put it on. 
May have to come up with a better😀 Turkey target.  That is also the last week of the season down here.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry