Author Topic: Form or Tune?  (Read 12622 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Form or Tune?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »
When you buy spined arrows they are spined for a 28" arrow with a 125gr. point. Any variation from that will change the effective spine. For each inch over 28" you subtract 5# of spine weight(under 28" add 5# per inch) and for points under 125gr add 5# per 25grs of point weight(over 125gr subtract 5# per 25grs over 125gr)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 04:15:16 pm »
100 grains,, if you find the right arrow the bow gonna shoot fine,, sometimes bows shoot an arrow that dont go with the chart,, yes you may need to fine tune a bit on the brace or building out the side plate,, but you have alot of options,, that are postive,,

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 06:44:26 pm »
The way I remember it is left is limp and right is rigid.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 09:20:14 am »
To the left is light for right hand shooter, yes you can short draw to help figure where you are to be somewhat close before going to full draw. Pretty dangerous to shoot an arrow way to weak to start with so I try to be at least some where in the ball park. If it is weak and you can't cut it off any more the only thing left is lighter point. Pappy
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:27:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 09:33:32 am »
The info Pat gave is right on so you can take that, figure your draw an weight of bow at that draw and get close, for most non center shot selfbow I start abut 5 lb under and that is usually close and fine tune from there . Like Brad said some bows are just finicky about the arrows.Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 100grains

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 07:45:55 pm »
Well after messing with those 40-45# spine arrows, I finally put them down for the stiffer set. The 50-55# ones shoot pretty well after cutting the shelf a bit further in. This all being said, if I don't fully reach my anchor point, engage in some amount of back tension, and end with a clean release; I'll notice some straying to the left.

In the end, it seems as though my final solution was choosing heavier arrows and working down, as well as being more careful about perfect form.

All of the input was extremely helpful, I appreciate the experience you all are able to share.

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2016, 08:34:52 pm »
To be clear, you guys are saying nock left is weak and nock right is strong for a right handed shooter.  If you leave the "nock" part out it reverses.    As a lefty, if my arrows hit to the left (nock right bareshafting )  it's weak.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »
 Bubbles, I think your understanding that correctly. For a lefty weak spine arrow flies sideways with notch right exactly opposite of right hander
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 11:31:46 am »
Yep that is correct bubby. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good