Author Topic: gravel preformed  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Flakescarred4life

Re: gravel preformed
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 09:28:29 pm »
That point turned out gorgeous!! love the look of the material. Did you polish it or is that how a well made point is supposed to look? I sure wouldn't know! :laugh: Seriously tho... it does look smoother/shinier than the almost finished pics. Should i be surface abrading or something as a finishing step? I am a newbie, so if this was offensive in any way, please forgive my ignorance.

Offline 1442

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 09:14:27 am »
thanks flakescarred,
I actually put some petroleum jelly on it to enhance the appearance and make it look slicker for finished pics.
I should post one before and after the jelly application. It sure makes them more photogenic and hides any little hang nails.
I'm not offended at all and am glad you noticed the difference and axed the question.

Offline Tower

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 07:47:42 pm »
Dadgum that some purddy gravel!!!!!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline JEB

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 08:13:16 pm »
That is an OUTSTANDING looking point.  I grabbed a chunk of that gravel one year while waiting in front of a restaurant and I might as well have taken the concrete block the building was made out of.  That stuff is like iron to knap.. Very nice job.