Author Topic: Snowed in/ North TX  (Read 21654 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Snowed in/ North TX
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:44:45 pm »
The blizzard of 08 ;D. Course if your a true Texan and it snows you have to run out with the kids and build a snowman as fast as you can (law of the land :D). We got (they say) 8 to 9 inches here, but looked like 5 to 6 to me.
 Got these huntin points built over last two days along with rescueing everyone that called for it - those fingers get to hurtin when their cold :)...

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

Re: Snowed in/ North TX
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:19:43 pm »
Hey that snowman looks just like ya ;D Surprised ya even know how to build one :o ;D

Points are sweet Paul. And if the kids want more snow I can oblige ya ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 09:46:57 pm »
great points! and nice snowman :)

i got 12" of snow by me but alot of it melted today
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:51:36 pm »
Cowboy.....join the Club.....I like the White Stuff....and We dont get enough of it for my Tastes!!!

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Cromm

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 10:10:30 pm »
Hi, Now they look like they can do the job! Thanks for showing them.  ;D
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:33:11 pm »
Hey Paul, nice snowman, man.   :o  Does she do the pointing and yelling on the snowman projects? ;D

Kind of unusual that you got the snow and we got nothing but cold air.  I guess the gulf moisture stalled out.

Nice points too.  I tried doing some knappin' last night while waiting to pick my daughters up from band practice.  I know what you mean about cold hands.  I finally had to quit because my fingers got numb and I don't think the school would appreciate me building a camp fire in the commons. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:49:09 pm »
Nice chippin', and a most excellent snowman, too.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 11:03:08 pm »
Well thanks Dana, I'm flattered ;D. No thanks we don't need anymore snow :).. David, i'll get you some rocks boxed up and mailed as soon as I can find em :). That's more snow than i care to see from now on - had my garden in two weeks ago and a lot of it had sprouted, I'll check the damage here in a couple of days. She was kinda telling me how SHE was going to build that snowman while she was playing around with dogs Otoe - kids ::).
 Thanks Steve - that's the most excellent snow we've had to build a snowman in the last fifteen years that I can recall ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

jamie

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 09:27:03 am »
you got snow down there and its raining in ct. whats wrong with this picture :) awesome points

Offline cowboy

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 09:46:05 am »
Global warming - gonna git us all ::) :-X.

Bishop

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 10:15:34 am »
Dang, even the snow storms are big in Texas!....we have had more snow this winter here in Kansas than i can remember in the recent few years, although we do get our fair share in a normal season.  Great looking points cowboy. you know, if i had the tools and had starting knapping when we had the big ice storm/power outage back in December, i would be so much further ahead than i am know....lol.
Bishop

Offline sailordad

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 12:01:04 pm »
you live in Texas and got 5-6 inches of snow,hmmmm
i live in MN.and we haven't had a 5-6 inch snowfall yet this winter,i think we've only had about 20 inches total,and it was like 3-4 inches at a time only.
all my friends that have snowmobiles are p@#$ed off cause there isn't enough to ride on.lol
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:08:48 pm »
I got up at 5:00 this morning and it was 58 degrees and raining. Now it's 34 and pouring snow. Gotta love March weather.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 02:29:09 pm »
Yep - This has turned into one of those freak years. Little more knappin..

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 04:32:01 pm »
Dang Paul....thats great looking.....Whats it made of??? I can only hope that the Flint I got for you will make us even....It looks awesome ;D ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome