Author Topic: Snowed in/ North TX  (Read 21828 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Snowed in/ North TX
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 10:37:02 pm »
Thanks Frank! those were for a trade, now I gotta make me a dozen :P.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 10:52:46 pm »
Pau is one Hell of a Knapper...should write a Build-A-Long Book...and make a fortune with them Skills!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 01:33:28 am »
Paul, As far as I am concerned those are about the perfect size and shape points for deer hunting. You are getting the hang of this knapping stuff! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 05:09:43 pm »
Man, I'll tell ya yankee - if I thought I could write my own book with lot's of pic's and make a mint, I'd be all over it ;D ;D. Their's so many out there already, just don't think I have anything different to show - oh well, keep buying those lottery tickets.

Thanks Pat: I'm starting to get the hang of a lot of things here lately :D - wish a big nest egg was one of em ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Staver

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 07:29:50 pm »
Those points are impressive cowboy!!  What kinda flint and tools did you use for that batch?  I like that novaculite knife you made too!  If you don't put your skills down in a book, what about a build-along for PA? ;D

Thanks for sharin'  Joe

Offline cowboy

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 11:36:58 pm »
Thankee Joe :). Those are a mix of spalls I had in my bucket from Pedernales flint and some stuff I pick up in the Brazos river here about an hour from home. I've kinda toyed with the idea of maybe doing something for the magazine sometime, hmm ::)..

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 11:38:13 pm »
You really need to Paul....it would be some good reading I bet.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome