Author Topic: 20th Tennessee Classic  (Read 69440 times)

Offline Red Arrow

Re: 20th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:21 am »
Good to know
Runnin' the Ridge
Racin' the Wind

Red Arrow, aka Ron

Offline Otis

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2017, 04:21:18 pm »
Is that a good thing or a bad thing Pappy?  I'll be down in 3 weeks, hopefully you'll have something for me to do to pay my rent. I don't want to be know for coming light.  Pat looking forward to seeing you and all the other friends that I only see at the Classic.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2017, 05:40:39 pm »
Likewise Dave.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2017, 04:26:31 am »
Yep it is like a big family reunion for me also. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2017, 07:49:26 am »
We'll be there again this year, can't wait to make that turn into the Twin Oaks driveway. I'll have the wife and grandson along as usual, the two of them enjoy it there as much as I do. i appreciate all the work the good people of the club do to throw this event, it sure makes for some lasting memories for
a family. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and catching up around the campfire.

Pappy
ps; Nate is looking forward to getting in the creek ever since you told him there were geodes to be found there. :) Ever since the classic the kid has become a rock hound. I think the knapping lessons from some of the guys in the pit got him going. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2017, 03:46:02 pm »
This sounds like a fun place to visit.  I think I might come this year. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »
I think you'd like it, Jon :)

Just watch that Otis guy real close.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Otis

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2017, 07:25:04 pm »
Thanks Pearlie. Wish you could make it this year.  Guess you'll have to wait till Elm Hall to get to see me. What kind of shells did you use in you 16 gauge to kill your turkey last year? I'm going to dig through me shells and see what I have.  Want to use it this year after reading you story last year.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2017, 03:31:21 am »
You have enough trouble hitting them with a 12 gauge Dave  :G Ya this does sound like fun, I may try and make it myself. ;) Greg I hope he finds a pile of them rock, kids just seem to be drawn to that creek, I was the same way when I was a kid, loved to follow creeks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2017, 10:24:09 am »
Big Dave I used Winchester 2 3/4" #6 high brass rounds. Its the only 16 ga round I could find with some wang behind it. I think 20-25 yards is maximum, at least with the Mod choke in my gun.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2017, 10:25:12 am »
If you cant find any in O-H-I-O. Ill mail some down to you.

Offline Otis

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:37 pm »
If I can't find anything that will work Pearlie, don't send them to O-H-I-O.  I'll need them in Indiana.  Lol. I have missed one or two with a 12 gauge Pappy for sure. I've even managed to cut a sapling or two down.  Counting down the days.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2017, 06:21:03 pm »
I'll teach you how to shoot, Dave. Just save me one or two for when I get there. :G
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2017, 04:18:15 am »
1 or 2 , come on Dave you have missed more than that at my place. ::) I seen a big long beard yesterday out in the cold just milling around all by himself right across from the point, he looked like he wanted to get killed. ??? Well I made 2 supply runs yesterday for Det and Sams to get the new kitchen stocked back up for this weekend and the Classic, things are starting to shape up and once we get through  this weekends shoot it will be full steam ahead to get ready for the Classic. Only a little over 5 weeks till folks start showing up so I better get on the ball.  :OK  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RyanY

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2017, 11:28:58 am »
Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make it down this year because of scheduling with my graduation. Good news is that I'm now engaged and will be starting my residency in June! I'm hoping in my free time I'll be able to make something to send down for the raffle table. I'll be there in spirit for sure!