Author Topic: 20th Tennessee Classic  (Read 69655 times)

Offline DirtyDan

Re: 20th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2017, 09:35:36 pm »
Yes, I have already contacted Clint, and I am going to help pay his light bill for the next year or so by buying some staves for myself, but I want to try to get some logs and staves for our club also.
Interested in black locust, hop hornbeam, maple, ash as well as Osage.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2017, 04:18:54 am »
Glad to hear you and Molly are going to make it Dan, I will put the word out for you, I am sure their will be some there, at least always is. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2017, 10:30:39 am »
Thanks, Pappy

Stringman

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2017, 10:57:16 am »
I might have a couple staves you'd be interested in. If I can remember, I'll bring em.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2017, 04:33:44 am »
With a mind like yours Scott I am sure you will remember. ;) :) Now me I might forget. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »
Well I marked it on the calender's so now I can start devising a scheme to get there
Roger

Venice Florida

Online BearG

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 10:35:47 pm »
How many more days? Lol
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2017, 05:00:33 am »
That is great news Roger, Bear I am not sure but our web site has a Bear count down.  ;)Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2017, 11:24:04 pm »
TTT   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2017, 03:51:55 am »
Thanks Pat, yep it is closing in on us and we are well under way starting to get stuff put together, can't wait, it's like a big family reunion to me.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2017, 07:58:18 am »
Just catching up on things, been quite busy in the shop getting bow staves ready for The Classic.  Since Deer season ended, Miss Heather has been cracking the whip also for the honey-do list.  As sweet as she is, ya don't want to leave her list unattended.

Greg: It is with a heavy heart that I hear you won't make it this year.  I really look forward to seeing you as well as having your help in the kitchen. 
Drums: Will miss you again, this year.  Have fun with the fly rod.  I'd certainly like to do a bit of that myself, this year.  The kids and I have a new fishing boat.  Getting excited to hop on her this Spring.

If it's okay with ya'll, I'll coordinate the Thursday night boil again this year.  Pat B and I will have to commandeer another brave sole to handle a knife.  We've been known to spread a little blood around the kitchen. 

Miss Heather, Wee-Wicki and I are so looking forward to getting back to Tennessee.  The teenager won't make it this year.  He as teenager stuff going on so he'll be staying with his grandparents.  We'll roll in on the Sunday prior, like usual.

Bear:  Where's the countdown?

Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2017, 11:16:54 pm »
We'll have to tether ourselves off so we don't get lost in that new kitchen.  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2017, 04:03:54 am »
Yep, seems pretty big now, I started moving stuff back in last evening, be hard to find anything for a while. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Red Arrow

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2017, 09:51:59 pm »
Hi guys. I'm new here so this is the first I've heard of this. I don't know of any primitive shoots in my area but this one is only a few hours drive south of me so I'll probably try to make it to see what it's like. I'm sure it'll be a great time. Is there somewhere I can get more info though?
Runnin' the Ridge
Racin' the Wind

Red Arrow, aka Ron

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2017, 10:10:17 pm »
Red Arrow, look on the 1st page of this thread. Pappy has posted all the info there. If you have any other questions, just ask. Also, keep up with this thread. Things will be getting busy soon with travel plans and such.  I can promise you will not regret going to the Tennessee Classic...plus, lots of us PA folks will be there. That alone is worth the trip.  ;D  ::)   :OK