Author Topic: Ceremonial pipe  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Ceremonial pipe
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 10:31:06 am »
Sure do appreciate all the kind remarks.  The truth is it is just a crooked stick which made the scabbard a real challenge.  Levi, my neighbor boy, has been very physically handicapped his entire life and has had more physical pain than one person should ever have to endure.  Nothing wrong with his mind as he is going to graduate high school this spring.  His mother helps him hunt with a specially designed rifle that requires both of them to shoot.  He has killed deer, antelope, a bear, and a turkey.  I have tremendous respect for his tenacious attitude and ability to accept his lot in life. We made a trade of a tooled western belt for a diamond willow branch.  The too few trips I have made to the Classic has made a positive effect on my life and attitude.  Those of you who are long time members of Pappy's Classic family know what I mean.  The "Sacred Place" has a special meaning for me and all the effort of several members to make it special is a show of the quality of craftsmen that decorated the walls.  I hope Scott (Stringman) Will get the chance to smoke the pipe at this year's Classic.  If so, I hope Derik and others will help him with the ceremony.  Makes me cry inside that I will not be there.  Indian Joe 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:46 pm »
Wonderful work!
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Stringman

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 08:31:11 pm »
I hope Scott (Stringman) Will get the chance to smoke the pipe at this year's Classic.  If so, I hope Derik and others will help him with the ceremony.

I hope so too, Joe. Keep workin on Hawk and maybe you can sit in with us.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »
Scott, beautiful pipe, I can feel the good spirits in that one. Sure hope Joe can come and smoke at the spirit station with you. Bob

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 10:29:56 pm »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:43 pm »
Beautiful work all around!

Offline Hans H

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 04:18:52 pm »
indeed beautiful set
Hans
Hans,      Bavaria, Germany

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 09:01:56 pm »
WOW! I was enjoying the pipe and kind words then I read Joe's post and it hit me hard. I have tremendous respect for Wolf Watcher and to have him bring me into this post lifted my spirits. I will be at the Classic on Wednesday night I hope. We will be painting at the Spirit Station at noon on Friday if all goes as planned. We should do a ceremony before we start. I will also have my pipe that was made by Joe also. And yes, it is one of my most prized possessions. dpg AHO
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 02:02:27 am »
Absolutely beautiful work!  It will be a special smoke ceremony I am sure.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry