Author Topic: Lost a good friend  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Lost a good friend
« on: January 12, 2017, 04:33:13 am »
For a lot of you that come to the Classic you know Clyde Gaskins, sets up in front of the target bail and spends a lot of time in the napping pit, just a great guy and a hoot to be around. He was the first vendor at the Classic years ago and a good friend from our first meeting. Rest in peace Clyde,prayers are with your family. I know you are in a better place. This is his last words.
 These are Clyde's last words to his family and friends. He passed quietly and comfortably this aftetnoon at our home in Oklahoma. I know he'll be missed greatly. Bye for now Dad, we love you. Bill & Andrea

If you are reading this,  then my body has died.
It has been a joy to know you and have learned much from you, after all , our Facebook relationship and friendship has not been about me , but rather, it has been  about us.
I'm certain that I'm taking so much more from you than I'm leaving.
I'm leaving this life with so many unanswered  questions,  but I'm leaving without guilt, fear ,
anger,  regret, nor remorse.
This is possible because I've lived one life to it's fullest based on a set of sound principles and beliefs which have been replaced by more sound principles and beliefs as they presented themselves.
I currently believe that I was given a very powerful gift, the absolute freedom to choose for myself in what direction my life goes.
If that is true then God  is not blamed for wherever i end up.
I believe that I am exactly where the sum total of my choices has brought me.
I  believe in planning  (on a daily basis ).
It is not important that I work the plan to its fullest but having a plan prevents me from worrying and indecision about what I'm supposed to be doing next.
Today and so many other days I have LIVED.
That means that I have done the things that I thought I should without regard to what I wanted to do.(If I start a thing wanting to do that thing then I end up doing everything I wanted and getting everything I wanted) .
For the same number of days I've LOVED.
I define that as unconditional sharing,  caring, understanding and forgiving .
I look for the humor in the human existence.
My only rule regarding humor is that it not become an instrument to be used to look good at the expense of others. When it is so easy to edify my brothers and sisters ,why then, would I spend one second of my life trying to destroy thiers ?
One of my daily goals is to be HAPPY.
Happiness is both a choice and the result of
LIVING,  LOVING,  LAUGHING.
I'm hoping this will be enough of me to leave with you .
Some of you do not know what has prompted
this letter from the grave so the Readers digest short version follows.
April 5, 2016 I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia type one (high risk)
As I write tonight 01/04/2016 I'm in repid decline.
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
Re: Lost a good friend
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:48:02 am »
Wow I sat here for several minutes just thinking, I don't  know what to say.  What a message and what directions to life your life by. That should be read in every school across the country. What a honorable and generous man he must have been. I am truly sorry for your and his family's loss
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:58:37 am »
Yes Clyde was a good one for sure, and a very good out look on life. :) He was retired Navy and tough as a pine know but also gentle as a lamb.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:44:06 am »
Damn.  I wish I could have said goodbye.  I really liked Clyde. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI