Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 113001 times)

Offline Patches

Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2017, 08:31:47 am »
Thinking that we may find a bit of appetite at some point while we are at MOJAM,  ...I've got a barrel smoked spatchcocked turkey going over some chunks of green maple wood.  'Spatchcocked' is one of those fancy culinary words for "cut in half and flattened out by removing the spine of the bird".  They sure look pretty, but they smell even better!!!  I'll get this smoked most the way through, then I'll vacuum bag it and stick it in the freezer.  It should be about perfect to heat it up Saturday night.

OneBow

"Spathcocked turkey" sounds a little more appetizing than "Spineless yardbird" .   

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline sleek

« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2017, 01:47:01 pm »
Too bad a shoot couldbt be devised that FILLS the jugs. Then do a shoot that empties them....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2017, 02:10:28 pm »
Too bad a shoot couldbt be devised that FILLS the jugs. Then do a shoot that empties them....

Give me a minute.  I'm loading up my Rube Goldberg Professional edition of Google Sketch-Up now... :o

OneBow

Offline Patches

« Reply #288 on: July 13, 2017, 03:06:56 pm »

Give me a minute.  I'm loading up my Rube Goldberg Professional edition of Google Sketch-Up now... :o

OneBow

:laugh: It will be interesting to see what you come up with Eric.  Can you incorporate a Apple pie jug into your design?? And maybe some of Marley's coon killing sticks too! 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2017, 11:52:09 am »
Packing out today and leaving super early in the morning.  To much to get done to leave tonight as originally planned.  -OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2017, 02:01:44 pm »
Im headed out! Should roll up on the grassy knoll early am tomorrow.  Going to have a layover in springfield tonight.  See you all soon!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline ksnow

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »
Alright.  The Marshall, MI guys hit it out of the park with pictures for everyone here.  For those of us not able to make the trek to MO, please share pictures with us, so that we can "join" in on the fun.  Have a great time there, safe travels to all.

Kyle

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:07 pm »
I'll second that, Kyle. Pics boys! Pics! Travel safe and have a great time.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2017, 02:57:40 pm »
Hope someone gets there before Dave-O!!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2017, 05:48:13 pm »
Hope someone gets there before Dave-O!!!

We all thought you were already there Mike!  -OneBow

Offline just robin

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2017, 09:10:01 pm »
Keith and I are here, but no one else. Keith will unlock gate first thing in morning. Time to get rolling!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2017, 10:55:10 pm »
Plan is to arrive when there are plenty of warm bodies avail to assemble me camp.
I'm in management mood.   (-P
 >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #297 on: July 15, 2017, 02:41:20 am »
Ok Mike,  I will help you set up your camp.  So I'll see you tomorrow!  (-S

Keith and Robin,  sorry about not being there this evening.  Some work related issues came up and put us behind schedule.  Plan to be there as early as possible tomorrow morning.  Got to throw a few last items in and strap down the stuff on the trailer then hit the gas.  :-D :-D  :-D

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline just robin

« Reply #298 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:49 am »
Patrick,
   No problem. We just came out to run a couple fans and get everything cooled off.
   See you Saturday some time. Gotta finish a few chores at home before the week starts.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2017, 08:55:40 am »
Thanks Robin,  if you can keep those fan running and keep things cooled off it sure will be nice setting up camp!

Patrick