Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 112620 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2017, 08:29:17 pm »
I plan on being the first one there and getting Dave's spot  >:D
>:D !      >:D !     >:D !     >:D !     >:D !
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2017, 10:51:46 pm »
You had better leave tomorrow!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2017, 09:08:24 am »

I'll have the coffee hot and the bacon sizzling when you get there!  - OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:14 am »

I'll have the coffee hot and the bacon sizzling when you get there!  - OneBow

Not the French press pot Eric..?  ???
I'll bring down the half and half.  ;)
 :)

Offline JonW

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 10:53:37 am »
You had better leave tomorrow!

Almost there now!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:21 am »
Well I figured since I was already loaded and wasn't working right now that I would just head over there after I left Daves house Monday night. 
So I guess ill see you all when you get here!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Patches

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 11:23:52 am »
I was there last week!  Waited around all day but no one else showed up!

Actually I did spend the day in Marshall last week but was there for work.  It sure seems weird to be there when Mojam is not going on.  Something is just missing and it just does not feel right. 

Depending if you guys show up on Saturday, it is only 6 and a half weeks until it starts!  It will be here soon....

looking forward to it. 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2017, 03:31:42 pm »
After Marshall Michigan's fun with the Jug Shoot there, I'm thinking I'd like to build a Jug Shoot rig for MOJAM this year.  I mean we've always had the 'Jug' involved at MOJAM to an extensive degree, ...but this would be a way to amplify it.  :o  I'm thinking we could establish a Jug shoot with MOJAM rulez.  To wit, a jug o'Apple Pie would be set at each station for the jug shoot.  Participants would be required to execute the proper chicken wing technique and take a slug of Apple-Pie for each arrow shot at the jugs down range.  Bring lots of arrows, as the Apple Pie has been known to turn arrows nearly invisible after shooting.   :laugh: 8) ;)

OneBow

Offline Patches

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »
After Marshall Michigan's fun with the Jug Shoot there, I'm thinking I'd like to build a Jug Shoot rig for MOJAM this year.  I mean we've always had the 'Jug' involved at MOJAM to an extensive degree, ...but this would be a way to amplify it.  :o  I'm thinking we could establish a Jug shoot with MOJAM rulez.  To wit, a jug o'Apple Pie would be set at each station for the jug shoot.  Participants would be required to execute the proper chicken wing technique and take a slug of Apple-Pie for each arrow shot at the jugs down range.  Bring lots of arrows, as the Apple Pie has been known to turn arrows nearly invisible after shooting.   :laugh: 8) ;)

OneBow

So start time would be.....early rounds of shooting Friday morning at 1:30 am with finals on Saturday morning at 2 am?

And...do we have enough apple pie?  Seems like supplies dwindled pretty bad last year by Saturday evening. 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2017, 04:22:50 pm »
As long as there's enough to fuel the bidding at the auction there's enough apple pie...  ;)

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2017, 05:24:57 pm »
<snip>And...do we have enough apple pie?  Seems like supplies dwindled pretty bad last year by Saturday evening. 

Neal

It depends upon whether or not Patrick brings Laney with him this year!  :o  It may not be possible to retain enough Apple Pie for the week...

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2017, 10:11:49 pm »
I think the jug shoot idea is spot on. 
The thing about the apple pie is that we have gotten pretty good at making it.  So we can bring plenty of extra!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Stringman

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2017, 10:13:48 am »
Not sure how much pie I can hold, but the jug shoot would be a hit! I haven't done it yet and I sure would like to. Sounds like we will need some extra milk jugs.

Offline Patches

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2017, 11:05:29 am »
Everybody start saving jugs!!!

Neal

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2017, 11:43:03 am »
And lots of arrows. The way we do it someone can give you arrows during the shoot. It is a lot of fun. Can be a bit tuff on arrows though especially if you get a dozen or more in the jug. They end up facing every which direction. I'd rather break em than lose em.
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:16:19 pm by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise