Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 112937 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »
That does look mighty familiar! :) - OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2017, 07:56:35 pm »
That does look mighty familiar! :) - OneBow
Now we'll have two to use next year...  :laugh:

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2017, 07:59:38 pm »
seems like John had one there this year too... so it will make 3...  :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #468 on: August 03, 2017, 09:23:00 pm »
Looks great Bob!
Yeah John made one a while back.  I would love to see how close they all match to mine next year. 
I am sure looking forward to seeing everyone again in July!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2017, 07:55:11 pm »
Well my pictures will have to wait until after the race. I hop on the mighty MO Tuesday morning. I plan on posting my pics while I recover over next weekend. I miss all you guys already. This past mojam was a special one for me. Seeing all you in tie dye almost brought tears out of me. I have never been so accepted and welcomed by any other group of people. I gladly spend my time down under the shade helping peopke, and hoping that my enthusiasm will rub off onto the new guys and we can pass on this wonderful thing we call Mojam. I want to say thanks to Patrick for finding and restoring my new camping stove! Mr. Neil Young for taking me and picking me up on my river run, and also sharing all your info, not to mention some room on the smoker. Paul and no nose for the two amazing blades. I can't wait to skin my elk this year! Eric for the tie dye! Laura for the cookies. :) Greg and Gail for feeding me and the kids. Dan for the shirts. Tim for my beautiful morel.  Jon for the sassafras I made the little bow from. Brent for the trade that got me the bow sock and points, Andy for coming to the event and getting my special order stuff and also my super cool tie dye bow sock. Mike for all the kids necklaces. Keith, Jerry, Robin, and the rest of Marshall Bow hunters for letting us live in your world and taking care of us. Terry for the ice! Bob for being so nice to a new guy almost ten years ago and getting me absolutely hooked. And also to Dave, the first guy to spend the entire time helping others. If it wasn't for him that first year, I might not have had the passion I have for passing it on now. Also to everyone there, thanks for just being there. Despite the heat we all come back because the magic of mojam, the excitement of seeing everyone come together with a common idea. That keeps me coming back. I hope to see you all again next year!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #470 on: August 05, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »
Thats the stuff right there
The stuff we all love and in brace
The stuff that makes us family
the stuff that makes this " The Great Addiction "
Love it !!!!!!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #471 on: August 05, 2017, 10:55:55 pm »
Guy, that's what Marshall felt like to me and the kids. That's the closest I've been to mojam. Those two events are on the list. Your jug shoot was a great time at mojam. Me and the kids are looking forward to seeing you all again next year!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #472 on: August 05, 2017, 11:43:49 pm »
Dave,  now that's how to discribed mojam brother! Very well put,  I don't want to just jump on your coat tails but,  ME TO!  :laugh:
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that.

I hope you get some good use out of that camp stove bud.  I know you have wanted one for a while, and a vintage one is always better! Im glad you like it bud.  Good luck and well wishes on the 340!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #473 on: August 06, 2017, 07:14:02 am »
Well said Dave.  :OK
Stay safe on that river Amigo.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #474 on: August 06, 2017, 07:22:35 am »
Dave, it has never been said any better, and it's all because of people like you...  :OK 
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2017, 07:38:35 am »
Well said Dave.  :OK
Stay safe on that river Amigo.
We all feel the same way Dave. It was great to meet you at Marshall. Be careful on the mighty Mo. I just watched the news and it looks like some flash flooding there if I got it right. See you again
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
Well said Dave good luck and safe paddling !! Just so you guys know wyatt is hooked thanks to Dave , Patrick , and most of all Paul! If you didn't see he was helping a friend with his fist bow on sat, afternoon. There's a lot of people that has helped wyatt and sure a lot more to help him in the future.
This mojam family is the best . thanks everybody for helping wyatt with this !!! (What happens at the bow shop stays at the bow shop )
lets get back to the basics

Offline gifford

« Reply #477 on: August 06, 2017, 09:11:20 am »
No doubt about it, Dave wrote a fine essay on the Spirit of MoJAM, it is why we gather, every year in mid July.

The Marshall Bow Hunters have welcomed us with open arms for nearly 20 years.

We've found kindred spirits and a place to come together, to learn the way of the bent stick and the feathered shaft, and comradeship that comes from learning the old ways and testing the limits in new ways.

I'm truly grateful for being able to be a part of the MoJAM family.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2017, 10:26:59 am »
No doubt about it, Dave wrote a fine essay on the Spirit of MoJAM, it is why we gather, every year in mid July.

The Marshall Bow Hunters have welcomed us with open arms for nearly 20 years.

We've found kindred spirits and a place to come together, to learn the way of the bent stick and the feathered shaft, and comradeship that comes from learning the old ways and testing the limits in new ways.

I'm truly grateful for being able to be a part of the MoJAM family.

Amen...

Andy,  I did see Wyatt helping his friend.  Its always good to see someone like him so enthused. And to see him passing on what he has learned to someone else makes me feel like a proud poppa!
(what happens in the bow shop stayes in the bow shop)

Patrick

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #479 on: August 06, 2017, 03:38:50 pm »
Ain't No D@mNb Fambly like MOJAM Fambly!  We often don't speel so gude, but MOJAM casts a spell that keeps us all comin back year after year...  (-S (-S (-S

OneBow