Author Topic: my son's first go with a front stuffer  (Read 10126 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: my son's first go with a front stuffer
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 01:28:44 pm »
It occurred to me that the way he took to it, I better get started on his next one.  I found a nice poor boy kit that's offered lefthanded for $599 US.  Which is of course about $598 more than I have.  But one of the options is a .40 cal 13/16" barrel.  I'm thinking that would be light enough for a preteen boy to handle and with tolerable recoil.  He's 8 now, but I'm slow getting anything done.  I've got a few to build already including a .40 cal Kentucky.  Hopefully I can chisel enough of my tax return from momma to get the barrel for that.  I already have the lock and stock blank.  So many projects ...so little time and money.  Josh

Offline Stoker

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 11:11:05 am »
That 32 will last him a few years for sure.. Giving you some time for the next project.. My plan for this winter was to rebiuld a 40 cal smoothbore.. Be a nice little shotgun for the kid at the shoots.. Bought it cheap but it needs some love.. But a hand injury set me back
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 11:11:52 am »
.40 smoothbore would be fun!  When you get back on it, it would be cool to see your work.  Josh