Author Topic: Heads for 3/8" shafts?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline EdwardS

Heads for 3/8" shafts?
« on: January 16, 2017, 08:35:07 pm »
I'm going through my arrow shafts and I'm noticing that all my usable shafts for the most part are towels, and I'm wondering if there are heads that will specifically fit them or if I need to neck them down to fit.  Working on getting rid of carbon and screw in heads so I can draw fully and get the speed benefits from my long draw.

Looking for blunts, target points and broadsheets, but target points are my first priority.

Offline make-n-break

Re: Heads for 3/8" shafts?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:31:07 pm »
I used to use 3/8 dowels a while back and I would use spent 9mm casings. I'd fill them with shotgun shot pellets until they weighed 125 grains, set them directly on the stove to melt the lead down, and glue them on. Works great! Very lethal on rabbits and game birds. The other one I used was a .308 casing with the neck cut off. No need to add lead to those and they work just as good.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline EdwardS

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 11:48:06 pm »
Now I just need to find some of those casings.  Thanks for that tip!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:52:13 am »
Ed,
Pm me I have quite a few 9mm and .308 cases that are past reloading stage.  Be glad to send you some.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry