Author Topic: green head and tx rock  (Read 3785 times)

Offline 1442

green head and tx rock
« on: January 17, 2017, 03:08:34 am »
here's a couple I made lately.
The green one is reed springs I think, and the other one was a small central tx tab

Offline 1442

Re: green head and tx rock
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 03:10:21 am »
these may be better pics of the tx mat.

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:39:34 am »
Very nice work!

Offline neuse

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:51:22 am »
Great job. I like that green color.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 09:38:19 am »
Man, something really happened with your knapping in 2016.  It jumped the scale to AWESOME!  thanks for posting.   So can you show some pictures of how you notch the andices?   

Your andices are reliably great. 

Offline 1442

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 10:37:42 am »
thanks!
I will get some pics of how I notch these this evening. I been using pressure from underneath and this is only the second Andice I've notched that way but it seems safer than punch notching.

I have been knapping like a mad person lately because my hands have healed enough that I am able to and I guess I'm making up for lost time and want to take advantage of this opportunity in case things change and go back like they was.
I had (have) plaque scorioucis  that caused my hands to severly crack, big and deep, and the skin around my finger tips was so thin it was like no skin almost for the last two years.
I tried everything and had insurance to help with doc visits at first, but I was steady getting worse to the point I could barely get work done and we was struggling financialy. I suffered severe pain all day every day and bout went crazy, gave up knapping for a few months and thought I may never be able to knap comfortably again. I would saturate my hands with triple antibiotics and where rubber gloves to numb the pain but work and knapping was very difficult to do
I was accepted by Novartis pharmacuticals to receive assistance and they provided a very expensive medicine called Cosentex to me free of charge for a year. It took months to saturate my system enough to work and it has some side effects, but it has enabled my skin to grow back on my hands and I can use them agin. They are tender but it's so much better than the way I was. They been clear for about three months now. The year long medication assistance just ended, this month and I am in the process of reapplying for it
If you recall the last point trade we had, I sent you a previously made point because I couldn't make a good one at the time, and my mom was hospitalized then too  which was taking up a lot of my time.
But anyway! That's the biggest reason for my recent surge in knapping and why I wear gloves when I do.
I still owe a point to tracker0721 for months now. He has been very patient,  I just wanted to get better to make him one and I've taken too long but I'm ready to send him one now. Sorry to take so long Tracker.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 12:00:07 pm »
Man that is hard!  Its made you stronger tho.   I see that you have been using indirect to flute.  Have you used it for reduction?  I use indirect and it is much easier on the hands.  I actually could finish a point with no pressure, just indirect.

Offline 1442

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 01:45:23 am »
I have used it for reduction a lot. I lack control with indirect of how far a flake will travel and how deep it goes.
I just can't seem to get it.
I've only used the one size rod and percussor though. I need to get some smaller size rod and try some different set ups.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:20:37 pm »
I really like the color of that green one & there both good looking points.

Offline 1442

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 01:13:07 am »
Thanks Trapper R

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:57 pm »
Real nice!  Where is that rock found? Take care of the hands!
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline 1442

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 11:56:27 am »
Thanks Hawkdancer
Not sure where this rock is from, I forgot, I'm pretty sure it's Reed Springs chert, cause I made a hook from it once and Mr. Thin said that's what it wuz. I bought it from him too.