Author Topic: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5  (Read 34728 times)

Offline bowwood

2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:18:55 am »
So, Our 2nd annual gathering at my place will be March 3rd, 4th, 5th. We decided to move it back this year due to extreme cold weather we had last year. Anyways, this gathering consisting of bowbuilding, arrow building and a whole lot of BSing. I have a big shop with wood stove(we may still need it) a shooting range and about 18ac to throw up a tent or bring a camper. I also have a couple campers that will be in place if needed. This is the beginning of this thread and I am sure there will be more added to it. So put it on your calenders and feel free to contact me. Thanx! BOWWOOD 

Offline Onebowonder

Re: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:44:15 am »
Though I nigh about froze off my PaTookus last year at this event, I WOULDN'T MISS IT FOR NOTHING YOU CAN NAME!

It was a great time with heaping helpings of hospitality, great food, loads of bowyer/fletcher knowledge sharing, some AMAZING shine, and a ton of good times.  Oh, and Chris's shop is awesome enough to make a good and holy  man covet! The course he has set up out there is as good as any I've ever shot on, despite the sub-zero temps I got to know it under.  :) Also, watch out for deer wearing blaze orange...

I have a few staves I'll bring up that are well dried and ready to go if somebody needs something to work on.  I didn't pay nothing for them, so you won't either.  If you're traveling from afar and can get a cheap flight into St. Louis, you won't even need to bring a bunch of tools or materials.  Several of us likely have stuff to spare and share.

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:08:19 am »
Been anticipating this announcement! Almost in my backyard (though Chris lives on "right" side of tracks), so will be there for sure.
           ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:57:25 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 02:04:09 pm »
I can't wait for this event either! It was a blast last year even with the subzero temps. Good thing though is that we would carry the caul outside after a heat session. It only took a minute before it was ready to be removed. And if I remember right someone slept on a cot in the shop right in front of the wood stove. So there is always that!

Ill be there this go around as well, flying plywood pending! Ill bring a stave or two, a couple of near finished bows and my caul. So come on over guy's its a lot of fun! Can't wait!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:45:05 pm »
<snip>The course he has set up out there is as good as any I've ever shot on, despite the sub-zero temps I got to know it under.<snip>

As far as the course goes, what were your fav's last year guys?  My were the "sittin on the bucket shot" and the "Rat on a Stump".

OneBow

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 06:19:16 pm »
I'll be there and probably be able to stay seeing as how my house is finished now! Hopefully Jon can find a way to make it. That peach shine was fantastic.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 08:27:49 pm »
There is a possibility that I might make it. As a side note, I don't recall any moonshine. Everyone knows un-taxed spirits are not legal!  ???

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 08:50:30 pm »
There is a possibility that I might make it.

wooooohoooo!  Be real nice to The Wife between now and then.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bowwood

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:22 pm »
Thanx for the input fellas. If you made it last year please put forth some input of what you like, what you didn't and suggestions to make it better. I remember beadman made it down from Iowa, we had KOHN from over in Columbia MO and several local guests from the area that stopped in, Josh made it up from Arkansas. We had folks from all over. So again if you have any interest please feel free to message me or any of the others guys that have posted on this thread. Look forward to hearing from you all. BOWWOOD

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 12:22:16 am »
<snip>The course he has set up out there is as good as any I've ever shot on, despite the sub-zero temps I got to know it under.<snip>

As far as the course goes, what were your fav's last year guys?

OneBow

Fav was the turkey ..... reminded me of meself.
Swingin' bag targets were hoot too ...... thought was shootin' with Kavanagh.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:01:48 pm by Knoll »

Offline JonW

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:13 am »
What I liked and hope DOES NOT change was/is the hospitality given by the Rackley family. This kind of event takes a serious commitment and I applaud Chris for his effort.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 09:48:50 am »
What I liked and hope DOES NOT change was/is the hospitality given by the Rackley family. This kind of event takes a serious commitment and I applaud Chris for his effort.
+1

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 01:02:15 pm »

X2!

I really enjoyed the swinging ball type target!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 03:50:19 pm »
<snip>

I really enjoyed the swinging ball type target!

Patrick

I did NOT like that one even a little bit! I shot three arrows at that one and broke one, lost one, and still didn't hit it!!!  ...I think they were even your arrows Patrick that I had borrowed!  :-\ :'( >:(

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 04:17:59 pm »
I think that is true Eric! But thats ok,  they are just points sticks! I liked those targets because they were challenging.

Patrick