Author Topic: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5  (Read 34742 times)

Offline bowwood

Re: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »
I wasn't sure how suttle I needed to make that hint Pat. HA! biscuits n gravy is a staple,,,,had it for dinner tonite in fact. If there is time for homemade biscuits then fine,,,if not fine too. I picked up sum pork ribs earlier that I plan on finding their way to the smoker that weekend. There are several local guys that say they will make it over also that weekend.

Offline bowwood

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 08:53:57 pm »
Here is something to think about fellas. The Buffalo Tongue Trad Shooters are a group of guys that have been getting together for bout 20yrs now I think on Sunday morning @ the archery range @ August Busch Conservation area and stump shoot. Might be a good way to spend a Sunday Morning, meet sum fellow trad shooters. It takes about 30min to get there from my place. Anyway no decisions need to be made now just throwing it out there. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 09:45:16 pm »
That's good news, Jon.
That would be fun, Chris. Those fellas would never have seen so many quality selfbows!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:49:10 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 10:57:40 am »
I like the idea of doing the Buffalo Tongue shoot on Sunday.  I've never been there so I don't know much about it.  Is there a 3D course?  I can't shoot worth a spotted bean, ...but it's still fun to try some.

OneBow

I found a link to the BTTBH Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/B.T.T.B.H/

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 10:55:19 pm »
That's the group Eric. I shoot with them as much as I can. They are a good time and a great group of fellows. Mike bid one of the young ones there!. How just turned 77 last Monday!

Also, I will be kids free the weekend of the get together, so that means ikl have three empty bedrooms. I live about 20 min east of Chris. A straight shot down hwy 70 if anyone wants or needs a place to stay.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 09:45:14 pm »
I spoke with a friend last evening about coming up for the event.  He'd be totally new to bow building, but he's done some archery.  I built a couple bows for his sons last year, and he'd like to make one more man sized for himself.  He may bring a friend of his too and they'd be coming from Kansas City area.  They plan to get a hotel.

My brother Nathan is planning to join us this year and he has a couple bow building projects to work on.  Also, my son Wil maybe be able to join us, but he's not sure yet.

Additionally, I spoke with a friend that I met when I was doing some survival skills training.  He's made a few bows and would like to come up as well.

I've got some spare bow benches with vices.  I'll be sure to throw those on the trailer with my tools.

Chris, you may want to build a new bow shop wing onto the work shop before March 3rd.  :)

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 11:47:34 pm »
And you, Eric, may need to drive a bus!

If we get reeeeeeeeal lucky, Chris may have a commode installed in the shop. But don't hold your breath.    >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 10:28:36 am »
<snip>
If we get reeeeeeeeal lucky, Chris may have a commode installed in the shop. But don't hold your breath.    >:D

As there was previous mention of "Ham and Beans" on the menu,

...installation of an exhaust fan might just be in order as well!!!  :o :-[ :-\ :laugh: ;D ;)

OneBow

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 06:56:37 pm »
I've got two fellas staying at my place and have room for at least one more. Just putting it bout there that if anyone wants to fly into stl I only live twenty min from the airport and have one room left.  >:D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 09:51:47 pm »
I've got two fellas staying at my place and have room for at least one more. Just putting it bout there that if anyone wants to fly into stl I only live twenty min from the airport and have one room left.  >:D

If I can,  I would take you up on that extra room. 

I got a lot going on right now and more to come in the near future.  I hope once it all slowes down I can have you guy's to my place for a gathering.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bowwood

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 08:14:31 pm »
ok fellas,,,,if all go as planned, there will be a fully functioning usable bathroom in the shop for the gathering, yep hot shower, commode the whole ball of wax. may not be the prettiest but I have started. ya know why wait till the last minute I have only had the last 13months to get it done. HA!

Offline JonW

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »
Wow now that's hospitality!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:34 pm »
Chris . . . ya just needed a clear deadline. This is great of you! Assume hot tub will be in working order too?

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2017, 09:44:49 am »
<snip> Assume hot tub will be in working order too?

Next he'll be asking for a bidet and a tanning bed!!!  >:D :o ::)

OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 01:17:11 pm »
If you guys eat those ham and beans you'll have a Jacuzzi...  ;D