Author Topic: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5  (Read 35353 times)

Offline Patches

Re: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 08:41:51 am »
I will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday.  Dave can I use some of your floor space?  Actually quite a bit of your floor space cause I'm a fat guy!  :)

Looking forward o seeing everybody! 

Neal   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 09:41:44 am »
Yay!
Good for you Mike!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 11:24:54 am »
I am gonna make sure that Mikey has to tiller his own bow. Time for the apron strings to be cut Mike!  >:D

Never fear Jon, I'm bringing new guys for you tie to your apron, ...so you won't have to sit around bored the whole time.  Heck, I wouldn't mind to have you tiller one of mine for me!  I've been doing this nigh on twenty some years, and I'd love to learn how to tiller like JonW!  One of the best bows I own, you made Jon! hehehe

OneBow

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:37 pm »
I'd be honored to have Neil Young as a guest! I might even let you have the couch. it's getting close now boys!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 10:53:49 pm »
If anyone who is coming to The Gathering has some hard maple staves, I'd be interested in some kinda deal.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Patches

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »
Thanks Dave! 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2017, 07:42:14 pm »
Dave, I have couple cots if there's the need.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:27 pm »
Me and Wyatt are thinking about coming if you guys will let us will know for sure by first part of next week. Andy
lets get back to the basics

Offline bowwood

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2017, 10:39:29 pm »
c'mon feathersnwood. this is open to those that are able and want to attend. I am just trying to get head counts so I know how many to expect. Posted earlier in the thread I stated I have an airstream that sleeps 3 comfortably and a pop up that sleeps 3 comfortably that will be set up. I have plenty of room to throw up a tent or bring in campers.(sorry no real hook up) There is also a little economical(about $40 I believe) motel about 4mi in town of Wright City or more upscale hotels in Warrenton about 6mi away. I have a small 15target walk through target range on the property that is available to shoot as you wish and we are talking about taking a short drive on sunday morn and shooting with a local group at Bush Wildlife area in St. Charles MO but nothing set in stone. My plan is to provide probly chil and sandwiches on Saturday lunchtime ish and probly also breakfast Saturday morn. I may have to ask everybody to throw a few bucks in the kitty and we can pick up sum meat and throw it in the smoker or on the grill Saturday night,,,or you can be on your own. I am in the process of finishing up the full functional bathroom in the shop so a hot shower and toilet will be available if you choose to camp out. Hopefully the weather will be as great as it was today and the the next couple days.  Feel free to message me for more info,,,,,BOWWOOD

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2017, 03:13:22 pm »
Mike. I have five bed and two couches. Pat has one room, one bed. Eric has got two rooms and three beds( one room has a full and one has twin bunk beds) Neil has one couch, but Chris still has the air stream. I might give up my bed and room  and just stay there. Lol. I still have plenty of space if we need mikes cots, let me know. I talked to Chris a bit today at the Sunday shoot. Things are getting exciting!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »
Nuttin but the best is good enough for you fellers . . . case of Modelo followed me home.

Offline Patches

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2017, 09:48:29 am »
I can bring some sausage links for breakfast Saturday.  Let me know if there is anything else that I can bring. 

Neal

Offline JonW

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2017, 01:47:32 pm »
Mike I didn't know Modelo made mango flavor  >:D

Offline Patches

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2017, 02:08:51 pm »
One of the guys that has been at MoJam the last few years (Roger) is going to come over Friday evening and Saturday.  He lives right there close somewhere  (I think St. Charles).

Offline Patches

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2017, 02:10:38 pm »
Mango Modelo.....

that sounds like a villain in a James Bond movie....