Author Topic: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5  (Read 35876 times)

Offline JonW

Re: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2017, 09:09:08 pm »
Mango Modelo.....

that sounds like a villain in a James Bond movie....

Ha!

Offline bowwood

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2017, 06:59:55 am »
OK Fellas,,,lets cross our fingers and hope that the weatherman is right,,,,and NOT drinking sum of knoll's MO,,,,DELLOOOO,,,,10day forcast says hi in the lo60's,,,,lo-mid40 @ night, sunny with a minimal chance of rain. hell yeah I will take it. 9day countdown!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 10:30:52 am »
I cant wait! Those temp sound better than 2 degrees like last year!

The weekend after this one,  I should have you all down to my place to help me pack.  We got our house in poplar bluff and we can start moving in on the first!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2017, 12:09:23 pm »
Congrats, Mr Pat. Sorry, my back just "went out".   O:)
Think ya'll will like Poplar Bluff. And you're just 2.5 hrs away from Cardinals baseball!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2017, 03:20:42 pm »
Thanks Mike!
Sorry to hear about your back,  I guess you won't be able to make it to Chris 's next weekend. Sure will miss you!  :'(

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Patches

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »
Thanks Mike!
Sorry to hear about your back,  I guess you won't be able to make it to Chris 's next weekend. Sure will miss you!  :'(

Patrick

Mike...we are all such good friends that we will come pick up the Modelo, just so you do not have to put a strain on your back.   :laugh:
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »
Hey guys,  since we are all getting together I thought I would bring a few things to trade.  Maybe we could do some kind of trade blanket or something. 
If not that's cool.  Ill be bringing some thick leather scraps, some feathers,  maybe some shafts and possibly some sinew and maybe a bow to trade. Oh,  and some overlay and handle material. Im also bringing a huge chunk of Micarta that I need help cutting down, its round.  I could also bring a few staves if they are needed for the new comers. Let me know.

Ed, if you are coming, could you bring your arrow shaft maker?

Patrick
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:02:16 pm by lebhuntfish »

Offline bowwood

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2017, 05:27:05 am »
trade blanket sounds fine to me. Also,,,btw have chatted with Andy aka feathesrnwood if he is able to make it he will probably bring his trailer and have some goods to sell. OK, so I need sum help here gathering a head count,,,best I can figure 12-15in attendance,,, jonw, Patrick, patches, knoll, eric+4, andy and wyatt, and DVS is all that I know of,,,a few local guys have mentioned stopping by. so if you are planning on attending please chime in or know of anybody else planning to attend please chime in. 8days and counting   

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2017, 06:00:16 am »
Ya trade blanket sounds like fun!! I would like to see if you have anymore space available to sleep need two spots. I will be getting there Friday evening wyatt' s mom won't let me take out of school early. See ya then andy feathers n wood
lets get back to the basics

Offline Patches

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2017, 08:56:38 am »
Chris,  Roger (from MoJam) is planning on coming Friday evening and Saturday.

I think that a trade blanket is a good idea.  I will try to get some stuff together to bring. 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2017, 03:10:26 pm »
Im still up inda air.. On my way back from Detroit right now but i have to go back soon and just dont have exact dates yet... If I dont go i will be at your shindig 👍... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 05:31:47 pm »
I hope it works out Brian!

Patrick

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »
Me to bro... I need a get away, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
will be good to see ya, Brian.
If ya show up we'll tie your tool bag to your wrist when ya walk in the door.    >:D

ps . . . Schneider will tell ya that I have no room to talk.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bowwood

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 08:32:52 pm »
Andy and Wyatt have requested use of a camper,,,there are still spots left fellas