Author Topic: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5  (Read 34741 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: 2nd annual gathering Wright City, MO March 3,4,5
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 07:24:09 pm »
I'll shoot pats arrows all day given the chance. I'm really looking forward to this one again, especially since it will be warmer. I'll out out the free ride from the airport and back if some of our northern brothers are brave enough to come down south. Even some of the guys from the west coast.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »
Dave you were supposed to provide entertainment last year. What's up this time?

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 08:09:08 pm »
You guys have a big time... I didn't know you could make bows in Mo. unless it was at least 95 degrees...
 ;D
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 10:28:06 pm »
You guys have a big time... I didn't know you could make bows in Mo. unless it was at least 95 degrees...
 ;D

Well Bob,  you might be right we worked on some but they never got done!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 06:46:26 pm »
I can probably provide at least some this year. >:D but I don't think Mrs. Rackley would approve and I know Mike would tell on us all.

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 08:03:16 pm »
Dave don't worry about Mike. He will be in bed by ten anyway. Chris will just have to tend to the Mrs.

Offline bowwood

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 08:43:42 pm »
yeah,,,,I will take care of the Mrs

Offline bowwood

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 09:05:09 pm »
So to continue this thread I have a  pile of brush piles up in case the weather is accommodating to possibly have a  fire to sit around one of the nights and possibly pass around adult beverage. I have spoke with a friend of mine about providing a little musical entertainment. If you play an instrument bring it along. The only thing I know to play is the organ. HA! Last gathering we provided a meals on Saturday,,,I am sure this year will be no different, ie, ham n beans or veg soup n sandwiches maybe chili,meat in the smoker,,,IDK will see, input is appreciated. Pat n Jon n Eric n Josh all supplies breakfasts essentials and Pat whipped up a mean biscuits n gravy. Anyway I am sure we wont go hungry. I was hoping to have the bathroom in the shop ready for this years gathering but once again I am a procrastinator and didn't get that accompolished,,,,,,,,yet. If you would rather not reside @ The Blind Archer Mule Ranch there is an economical motel about 4mi up the road and about 8mi away in Warrenton there is a Holiday Inn Express. Come one, come all!   

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 12:25:50 am »
Carol and I would "normally" have lotsa sleep space here at home. But it's gonna be awhile before things get back to "normal" again.

Soooooo, we had space for 1, but Jon's got dibs on that!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Patches

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 02:17:00 pm »
I am planning on being there for at least part of it.  looking forward to it! 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 02:04:14 am »
I was the one onda cot next to the stove, lol... And i slept like a baby all nice and warm 😄... Work is gonna keep me humpin from Detroit to Ft Wayne to Long Island and maybe even across da big pond but if im home i will do my best to get there 👍... As far as targets go i loved the rat and the zombie 😄 .... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 09:14:55 pm »
Will be looking for ya, Neal!

Hope the work schedule works out and ya can make it, Brian.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bowwood

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:30 pm »
GUYS WE ARE NOT GETTING MUCH FEEDBACK FROM OTHERS HERE!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 01:36:27 pm »
You are correct Chris,  but with our group it should be a great time. 

Was you hinting that you wanted biscuits and sausage gravy again? I might do homemade biscuits this time if I can. Its kinda hard for me when we don't get to bed before the dawns early light :laugh: Im not the best at being a morning person, unless im still awake! Lol

Patrick 
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JonW

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 05:22:20 pm »
I spoke with Ed. He said he would show up at some point.