Author Topic: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk  (Read 22555 times)

Stringman

Re: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2017, 11:59:49 am »
And with Hawk there we gonna have some new blood (literally) in the pit.  :o

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2017, 12:00:19 pm »
Joe you can call him Rick, its less confusing.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2017, 12:13:50 pm »
TS:  Your are lucky I am not a moderator or you would be banned from the PA.  Joe

Was there something I said that you disagree with?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2017, 01:51:23 pm »
Can't wait for it Steve. Classic will be here before ya know it and those are some good times! Was Angie there last year and I missed it? If so, I'll have to make sure I meet her this year. Must be a special woman to put up with you.  >:D

Angie made '13 & '14 with me, Scott.  She had a great time at both but was hurting with pain pretty bad '14 and had been staying at the hotel.  She should be ready to go this year.  I suspect she'll even shoot the course, which I'm looking forward to.

You'll hear her called Roo - the Rooster by some of the guys who met her.  She's fun and likes a joke. :)
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2017, 02:43:44 pm »
I believe I had the pleasure of meeting the Mrs. at the '13 event, Steve-O. Glad to hear she is getting back to full tilt. :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2017, 05:01:26 pm »
TS:  Your are lucky I am not a moderator or you would be banned from the PA.  Joe

Was there something I said that you disagree with?

At a guess , it's more to the point that you contribute nothing to this forum but hate and discontent.  Since you have transitioned primarily to manufacturing glass bows rather than crafting primitive equipment, it is unlikely that you will contribute anything positive.  Josh

I have not directed a personal attack towards anyone. I have posted information that perhaps rubs some people the wrong way, but it is in no way personal. Cultural appropriation is a serious issue for our people...it is, quite frankly, theft. That's what you call it when someone takes without permission.

Glass bows? I have never made one in my life. I own a few, and enjoy shooting them, but no, I don't build them.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »
Gun Doc.....

Are you experiencing identity confusion again? ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »
I thought this was over with but I guess not.

A few years ago, Coowachobee,Traxx and Twinkie Slayer,  stirred up another storm and it got ugly. I contacted them privately and suggested instead of just making statements and stirring the you know what, how about educating the Non-Natives to what it means in the different tribes to make statements and claims if you ar not a registered NDN. Well, these guys are trying to do what I asked in the past but all it seems to be doing is throwing more insults towards them.

There was an announcement  issued and a response with some truthful questions. A lot of bad mouthing, a retraction, Some cultural education, more bad mouthing, So, what is the end goal? ???

You can still be friends with people but it's really nice to know who they really are. If you do, then it's a lot easier to know how much you can trust and get know each other.

I've practiced the same style of Japanese karate for over forty years but it doesn't make me Japanese or  Samurai.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:46:54 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2017, 05:37:53 pm »
I'm going to lock this thread, for now. 

Quite frankly I didn't really see anything wrong with Rick's posts and kind of understand where he is coming from.  We have sort of the same problem up here and it can be very annoying.  Even though I have native blood I don't really follow the path and I have respect for those that do especially those that try to educate.  It is no doubt a hard and thankless endeavor.

Well look at that, I forgot to lock the darn topic  ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:27:21 pm by Marc St Louis »
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Stringman

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2017, 06:37:24 pm »
Unfortunately, it's too little, too late. We have likely already lost the faith of a true elder.

Offline willie

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2017, 07:18:32 pm »
I have respect for those that do especially those that try to educate.  It is no doubt a hard and thankless endeavor.

and easily misunderstood

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2017, 05:52:20 pm »
Hey Joe
Just to try and give a bit of context.  I know you are not too happy with the Gray Wolves killing off all the Elk out where you are and if you could would kill them all.  From Rick and Todd's perspective the Twinkies are Wolves and their traditions and teachings are the Elk.  How do you think they feel?
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com