Author Topic: Maple Questions  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Springbuck

Re: Maple Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 03:41:16 pm »
Only used two pieces.  Yes, hard to break.  Flexible as heck, even when stiff.  And, yes, likes to have it's own way....stubborn.   A good stave would be a dream.  A bad stave would be a pile of headaches.

Offline jayman448

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 07:28:54 pm »
Haha we im about to find out all the same now. Hope to have it shootable (or failed) by june.. which for me is actually ambitious tor me xD

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 10:03:03 pm »
1"3/8 across, 60"long, hoping for 45-50#@ 27. ive begun reducing it already so im just basically going to go with what ive got. the top limb will need to be steamed back to straight as the tip ever so slightly sways off to one side. the way the stick went was a natural reflex in the handle, deflex through the limbs, and a ever so slight reflex in the upper limbs tip. i figure at this point heck just try it out and hope for the best. even if i break it its good experience i guess XD what are your thoughts maple?

You are headed in the right direction, also check out one of Gordons build-a-longs. Look threads up with vine maple bows/building.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »
I recently purchased a nice vine maple stave from vinemaplebows and plan to start on it this weekend....so I'll be following this thread closely!

Kyle, no mention of purchases. Selling and advertising is for paid advertisers...which I am not. Thank you, but be careful, read the rules above. Please edit your post. Welcome to PA!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:40:47 pm by vinemaplebows »
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline jayman448

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 04:26:47 am »
Just a couple pictures of what im working with. 60"ttt. Riser offset one inch. Got it just beginning to bend. Not sure if i may be better off doing a bendy handle bow with what i got? Also hoping you can see the slight swat to the top limb im talking about. Anyways, im going to hopefully post my progress so that im held a little accountable to work on it more oftenxD

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:35 pm »
 On your way!