Author Topic: Trueshaft Archery Check it out!  (Read 8686 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Trueshaft Archery Check it out!
« on: January 30, 2017, 04:17:26 pm »
Hello all,

We are a wooden arrow shaft manufacturer, based on the island archipelago of Haida Gwaai, up here in the Pacific North West region of Canada. Known locally as the “misty isles, these islands are home to some of the most incredible coastal rain forests.
Even though we recognise that old growth wood makes the finest arrow shafts, we NEVER cut down a living old growth tree. We procure all our old growth raw material supply from either windblown trees (and out in the Pacific Ocean like we are- there is no shortage of wind!) or as salvage after the logging operators have moved through a block.
Our shafts are 34” long, and are packaged in matched dozens that are sorted in 5# spine groups and 10 grain weight groups. Most times we will tighten up those spine parameters even more, as produced volume allows.
Our chosen species are Sitka Spruce, Chundoo (Lodgepole Pine) and Hemlock (akin to Douglas fir)

To find a dealer near you, please see the 'Distributors' page on our website http://www.trueshaftarchery.com/distributors.html , or feel free to contact us directly.

We recognize that most folk here choose to utilise natural shoots, or cane shafting. They are great, and I love shooting them too, however if you feel inclined to try some of our round shafting please feel free to fire us a message. We welcome and respect all dialogue.

Website contact: http://www.trueshaftarchery.com/contact-us.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/woodenarrows/

Email: info@trueshaftarchery.com

Pm me on my primitive archer profile:  TSA

Telephone: 1- 250- 557 2434

Please feel free to browse through our website, whether it be to find a preferred supplier near you, to see our process, or to read up a bit on our strict, self-imposed environmentally friendly, socially responsible and a customer orientated ethos.
Here’s wishing you a great archery year
Shoot straight!

Thank you
Wayne
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 12:32:01 pm by Calendargirl »
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline loon

Re: Trueshaft Archery Check it out!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:01:25 pm »
Thank you for making them long!

Offline TSA

• www.trueshaftarchery.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:39:21 pm »
you're welcome :)
having a long draw myself, I always got so frustrated with the shorter shafts of 32", and always needing to foot them.
Additionally, the longer shafts give you a bit more scope with tuning, if you need it.

TSA

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:42:10 am »
I checked out and "liked" your Facebook page. Your tree harvesting photos are awesome. I really like that you hold to a small footprint ethos. Environmental awareness has always been important to me when supporting companies. Glad to have you as a sponsor TSA!
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline TSA

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 09:24:33 am »
Thanks Make-n-Break,
with our fast disappearing old-growth forests, this is something i feel very strongly about, on a personal level- and with our chosen path of making shafts, it was something I had to personally contend with.
Yup, we dont cut a single, living old growth tree down- its all salvage- most of it is blowdown!
thanks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:11:19 pm by TSA »

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 03:31:14 pm »
I have to echo Make'n'break   We do not inherit the earth, we borrow it from our grandchildren, and their grandchildren
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 11:08:55 pm »
I have been there to TSA hq and seen the trees, the process and shoot the spruce shafts exclusively. Have built many dozen on them for others as well and have had zero issues with the shafts. Excited to see your sponsorship! Lots of good things happening for you!
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline neuse

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 07:41:19 am »
Glad to know about your company, I will be looking for some shafts soon.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 08:31:51 am »
Welcome Wayne, good to have you aboard.  I like your outlook and website and will promote you when I can
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline TSA

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 01:42:51 pm »
Thank you all very much, for making us feel so very welcome.
Not that I expected anything less, from the folk on here.
Our entire experience thus far has been nothing but pleasant.

thank you all!

Offline TSA

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 01:44:43 pm »
Dont forget to put your name in to win some shafts!
check the thread below!

Offline loon

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 06:52:56 am »
Man I'd love to come up with an excuse to buy some TSA shafts. Hmm. Maybe for my dad later on, although I have a ton of unprocessed raw tonkin.

Maybe if I make a Manchu bow one day..

Or for my light ~32#@32" Korean bow, but I don't know what spine I need. (thumb draw, no torque/khatra, no shelf, 400 spine carbons seem to be working best now.. but someone else uses 700 spine 34" arrows w/ a similar setup O_o)

Offline loon

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 03:28:20 am »
I think your shafts would be excellent for Manchu archery. 34" length would suit a lot of people, though 36" to 38" may be better. Birch in particular for heavier bows, since Manchu bows do best with arrows of around 15gpp.
You should do some advertising in Manchu archery facebook pages  ;)
The square ones from the promotion seem like they'd be great for barreling

I think they'd also be great for warbow arrows.

Hmm.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:37:53 pm by loon »

Offline TSA

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 05:52:57 pm »
Thanks Loon,
some great input and ideas there! ;D
many thanks.....food for thought!
cheers mate
 (-S

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 10:13:56 pm »
I ordered 3 dozen Sitka Spruce shafts from Trueshaft.  The customer service was amazing, i had some rear tapered, and some point barrel tapered, all weight and spine matched more closely than ive seen before...within 1# of what my scales tests!  All numbers were digitally printed on the end of each shaft.  If you like the consistency of carbon shafts in your wood shafts this is the closest youll probably ever get.