Author Topic: Arrow shaft giveaway!- winner selected! .....read first post  (Read 8760 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Arrow shaft giveaway!- winner selected! .....read first post
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 10:15:12 am »
Congrats BJ and thanks Wayne for the opportunity to enter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 12:30:28 pm »
Congrats to BJ and thanks TSA for your support and for some fun excitement in these winter months!!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline TSA

• www.trueshaftarchery.com
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 01:42:08 pm »
thank y'all for the interest and participation,
many thanks for the kind words, and we will do everything we can to live up to any expectations.
we all do what we do for an innate passion,( its certainly not for the big big bucks  :D)- and we are excited to be able to put some shafts in peoples hands.

Even though our shafts are not strictly "primitive" thanks for letting us through the door.
For those of you that werent lucky- this time, keep an eye out- there will be more events in the future!

kindest thanks
Wayne
TSA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:36 am »
Wayne, thanks for sponsoring PA Magazine and this forum and thanks for your generosity. I hope you can make it to the Tenn. Classic. It will be nice to shake your hand.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »
Wayne, thanks for sponsoring PA Magazine and this forum and thanks for your generosity. I hope you can make it to the Tenn. Classic. It will be nice to shake your hand.
Hopefully Wayne can get down to the South and see what that Southern Hospitality is all about.  Twin Oaks sure has a heap of that to serve up at the Classic!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 04:57:54 am »
Wished he could also, I talked to him and he said not this year [working 8 days a week] but hopefully next year, he is sending some stuff for the raffle table and very generously offered some seconds for us to use for kids arrows, we have lots of kids and they loose lots of arrows so that will come in very handy.
Thanks again  Wayne for your support of PA.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TSA

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 12:29:06 pm »
Hiya all
i know its been a while, apologies for the delayed response, its tough to find time to spend at the PC even with these 9 day weeks.we have literally been snowed under with orders- 3D season I guess.

Anyway here are some pics of some of the shafts going out to the winners. both winners were notified immediately. However, they both opted for Hemlock shafts for their additional bonus prizes, and they know that the hemlock is in process. it all just takes a little bit of time, with all the stabilization times we allow for in the process.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 01:33:05 pm »
Wow, what a weird bunch of people we are, getting all excited for a change to win a bundle of sticks! 

That being said...those are some very nice looking sticks!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TSA

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2017, 08:40:37 pm »
well- they make pretty darn good kindling too ;) if the shooting doesnt work out so well!
perfect size- nicely seasoned!

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 08:46:46 pm »
Got me excited Wayne, those look real nice. I'm completely out of parallel shafts now to and just broke one of my Red Osier tapered shaft trying a head shoot on a ground hog in our wood pile.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline TSA

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 11:13:21 pm »
did you get the ground hog? thats what counts! arrows are sacrificial i guess! are they edible?
interesting how you try for a head shot, i would just be trying for a "ground hog " shot- somehow i think your shooting skills are a lot more refined than mine!!

the hemlock  is in process now- and hopefully we can get your entire package off to you soon.
as we dont kiln dry our wood- we allow for periods of stabilization between each stage of the  process- that adds to the production time unfortunately.
if however you get desperate for shafting- we can send the spruce- just the shipping would be higher than just shipping one package.

cheers
wayne

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2017, 10:53:29 am »
did you get the ground hog? thats what counts! arrows are sacrificial i guess! are they edible?
interesting how you try for a head shot, i would just be trying for a "ground hog " shot- somehow i think your shooting skills are a lot more refined than mine!!

the hemlock  is in process now- and hopefully we can get your entire package off to you soon.
as we dont kiln dry our wood- we allow for periods of stabilization between each stage of the  process- that adds to the production time unfortunately.
if however you get desperate for shafting- we can send the spruce- just the shipping would be higher than just shipping one package.

cheers
wayne
Sorry to say no I didn't get the ground hog. Ha ha I'm betting your a better shot than me Wayne. Only reason I took that shot was because I was getting to cold waiting for him to come out of the log pile. All he offered me was head shot from about 19 yards. Knew it was high risk low chance shot. Was either going to get him or glance off log or slam into cement wall. Was favoring the glancing off log, should have been aiming small. To tell the truth I've never shot one but they get digging under our cement floors taking the sand out and wrecking the floor. I have a buddy in a wheelchair that loves to spend his summer hunting them.They are really becoming a terrible problem, he got over 200 last year and they just keep gaining in numbers. I have enough Red Osier to keep me shooting, no hurry on sending them out. Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise