Author Topic: setting up my son with his first possibles  (Read 13004 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: setting up my son with his first possibles
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 03:55:48 am »
Nice bag ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 11:02:49 pm »
I will dig out my template for possible bags, and, post it in how to's.  Mind if I post it here as well, since this is the current post?
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 11:23:16 pm »
I will dig out my template for possible bags, and, post it in how to's.  Mind if I post it here as well, since this is the current post?
Hawkdancer

Please do!  I'm sure that many would appreciate that, including myself.  I'm making this scaled down version for my son, but I plan on making a couple full size bags for myself in the near future.  An actual plan and templates would be a nice change to my approach.

Thanks Bob!
Josh

Offline Josh B

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 07:34:14 pm »
After 3 days of criss crossing the high lonesome and wearing out my tire chains, I finally got a break.  No chains today!  Here's the view heading west from Eisenhower tunnel looking towards copper mountain.  Sort of put me in the mood for mountain manny things, so I'm working on my son's possibles.  Got the closure button done and moved on to the strap.  Now it's time to work on the ball pouch. Thanks for looking!  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »
Nice possible bag Josh. You're son will surely love it and all his Dad is doing for him.   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 11:20:05 pm »
Your Son is going to be proud of that, Josh.

And the last rime I saw that view was 1977, moving to Glenwood Springs. Pretty country.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 03:52:56 am »
Your Son is going to be Stoked to get that bag - beautiful ! That shot over the hood and the cab shots take Me back - sure don't miss it tho ,17yrs was enough  8). Be safe Driver ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 01:14:14 pm »
Saw that view a number of times in '84 when I commuted to Glenwood Springs!  You were almost close enough to stop in for coffee😀😂!  Real nice bag!  I am still trying to get to the patterns cache to find the template, might have to make a new one.  Get my hand out of the semi splint 16 March, then I get to work on strength and flex stuff, but should be able to start simple things like sanding arrow shafts, and peeling bark.  Have to make a "craft" tool box for the wife, so that is a priority honey do😀.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Josh B

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 09:29:46 pm »
Thanks fellas!  I got the bag done, the horns done, and now the  ball pouch is done.  I use a simple heart pattern for my ball pouches and shoot for the proper size to hold 100 balls.  With my son's.32 that's pretty small.  Here's how that came out...oh and best guess worked like a charm on the size this time.  I'm usually not that lucky.  Josh

Offline Josh B

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 09:34:43 pm »
Here he is with his new kit after I got it all put together for him.  Nevermind the pieces of cereal on the floor.  Daycare kids....  He was pretty stoked.  There will be a few additions and changes made, but it's pretty much done.  Thanks for following along!  Josh

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »
That set up turned out great Josh.  He looks like a future mountain man.  That leather looks like some of Clyde's.  I'm sure he would've been happy it was used for a project like this.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Josh B

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 11:26:50 pm »
Thanks Clint!  Yep...that is some of Clydes leather.  I hope he smiles down every time my son puts it on and gives the tree rats what for!  Josh

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 11:48:16 pm »
That is a great looking set of gear and his smile says it all.  :D

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 12:43:10 am »
Wow! We'll sign that lad up as a junior Buckhorn Skinner!!  He looks good in that outfit.  Shinin' times at Rendevous!😀  Nice work.  Sort of found the template for possible bags, had to get out the measure tape as it is a "how big or small do you want it? thing.   Will post tomorrow evening, I hope.  Life gets in the way!
Another high country storm brewing, so get the chains up to snuff - and stay safe out there.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 05:48:15 am »
Man that is some nice looking stuff!! That smile says it all is right!!
lets get back to the basics