Author Topic: gravel turddle  (Read 5536 times)

Offline 1442

Re: gravel turddle
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 12:22:58 am »
Sasquatch.
I don't know why really.
I want to experiment with nipples and try some different things but I been really focusing on trying to get the flute centered more than anything.
I try not to grind the actual corner but I do grind the whole nipple edge real good.
I see what you're saying about easier detachment and more length, and I been thinking of ways to make improvements, I just aint done it yet, but I'm getting more comfortable fluting and plan to try some different things when fluting soon.

Here's one I made at work today from a thick flake.
The first flute went great but the second one was short, so I flaked off that entire side of the point and rmoved the short flute to try again, but I got the same short size flute again on the second attempt.

Offline 1442

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 12:24:16 am »
cont.

Offline 1442

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 08:26:08 am »
I worked the channel flake
Stalled out the bend and broke off the head trying to put a gill shaped notch in it,
This rock is flat out tough, stuff. I put so much pressure justto get flakes I couldn't believe it and my shoulders hurt this morning.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 02:44:17 pm »
Thats a good flute!  I need grind the nipple more my self.  I love your recent gravel works.  I have been working gravel lately. I appreciate all your photos!

Offline 1442

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 02:05:31 am »
my pleasure!
I recently started grinding everything more and it helps avoid hinges for sure.
Been using finer grit abarader too and that seems to work better than the really course one I always used for everthing