I finally decided to take the time to start on a bow the the auction at MoJam. I'm making it out of the stave of ERC I took last summer. I got it roughed out to a tip to tip length of 62", 1 3/4" wide for 12" past the fades then tapering to 1/2" tips. The handle is 1 1/8" wide for 4" with 3" fades. I decrowned the back since it had a lot of curve, making a flat about 1 3/8" wide. There should still be a good splash of color on the belly when all done. I sealed the back with TB 3 for now so it won't check to back while I let some moisture drop inside for a week or so before I have time to floor tiller and long string it before applying a heavy layer of sinew. At the moment there is 3 1/8" of reflex. I'm thinking of an end goal of 50# at 29". I'm hoping to cover the back with birch bark to seal the sinew when finished. I think I've got enough sinew left from the last one for a thin coat over the entire thing. While the first later dries I'll order some more and get it processes.
I'll keep updating on here as I make progress.