Author Topic: Out of commission for a while, especially bow building and shooting  (Read 12124 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Out of commission for a while, especially bow building and shooting
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 04:23:46 am »
Man that is tough, hope all goes well in the recovery. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 07:39:13 am »
Wow! From the looks of your truck you are one lucky guy.  I am really glad you are doing so well and the few injuries you have are minor considering the type of accident you were in.  As Kevin said,  knowing you personally this hit home with me.  I will have you in my thoughts and prayers buddy. I hope everything goes well with your eye. Just don't over do it in your recovery.  Take care my friend.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JonW

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 07:54:23 am »
Kyle if anyone could come out of this shining it is you bud! I pray you have a speedy recovery my friend.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 10:07:26 am »
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. As Ed said your age should help you heal, and your attitude will go a long way. At least you got one good eye to watch the pretty nurses.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 10:08:09 am »
Believe it or not, yesterday was your lucky day. Hope you have a quick and complete recovery.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gifford

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 10:09:53 am »
Prayers for a complete recovery. It'll be a long road but you've got youth and attitude on your side. I know it won't be easy but listen to the docs and the pt folks. Do what they say, no more no less. It will get better. The Good Lord was watching out for you seeing the wreck pictures.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 10:10:50 am »
Glad your ok, Kyle.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 12:21:48 pm »
Wow that is crappy for sure.  I'm sorry to say but my opinion is that there is no forgiving that kind of stupidity, in other words you should kiss that numbskull goodbye with a kick in the A**
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 02:56:15 pm »
Sending up prayers for your complete and speedy recovery.  I'm with Pat B - it was your lucky day.  The Almighty undoubtedly has a plan for you.  Eyes heal up surprisingly well and I hope that you have good luck with yours.  Seeing you manage a smile through this kind of trouble tells me that you have a very positive attitude.  That kind of attitude will really help in the coming days.  Hang in there buddy.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »
Thanks for all they good wishes and prayers everyone. I really appreciate it. I had my first eye checkup today. She said it's healing really well and was surprised and happy that I was able to hold it open and look around with it. The inflammation was less than she was expecting. She cut my eye drops back from every 2 hours to 4 times per day, replaced a pill with another eye drop I take twice per day. It surprised me, but she said m eye was fine to walk around and do lift aerobics. But I can't bend my head below my heart or lift more than a phone book. But I can't walk anyway with the broken ankle, which I'm currently scheduled for surgery on Thursday. So far it's all good news. My next exam is Wednesday to check on how my cornea is healing.

Kyle

Offline DC

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »
Sounds good!

Offline Patches

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »
Kyle, I am glad to hear the good news about your eye.  You are a lucky man...things could have went the other way real fast.  But all of us are happy they didn't!    You are in my prayers and thoughts.  Like several others have said, Take it easy and do not try to do things too fast.  That's advice from an old fart that has tried to do things faster than he should have!   :)

Your positive attitude and energy are going to get you through this.  You have a huge extended family here that will help you if you need anything! 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline DC

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 07:06:18 pm »
That's advice from an old fart that has tried to do things faster than he should have!   :)

Neal

Is that why you call yourself "Patches"? ;)

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »
Kyle - It hurts to think of the discomfort and pain that you must be dealing with tonight.  I'm so impressed that you are already able to contemplate the welfare of the fellow that caused the accident!  I suspect that I'd still be pretty focused on feelings of anger and distaste for the guy!

You will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers.  You have the advantages of youth, excellent general health, and most importantly, a very positive attitude!!!

OneBow

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 12:03:54 am »
Damn Boy! there are easier ways to take care of business! prayers heading your way!