Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 830993 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #3210 on: March 28, 2024, 03:37:23 pm »
I cut some oaks that were over-hanging my yard and shading the grass too much. The longest trunk I picked up with my pallet forks is 15' long.

Ordinarily I would cut all this wood into firewood and give it away, my 76-year-old body is not in firewood cutting mode much any more

I will say my forks are too cheap and will come loose and shift if I stress them too much. I think I paid $90 for them.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 03:40:50 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3211 on: March 30, 2024, 10:22:56 am »
El-cheapo

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3212 on: March 31, 2024, 10:36:35 pm »
Spent a little time refining my travel route to the Tennessee Classic. First push on May 1 will have me rolling into Atchison KS late at night and I have a reservation at a hotel there for a couple hours of sleep.

I posted on a few bow group pages on FaceSpace that I have a co-pilot seat open in case someone wants to come along with me. Hoping I can find a taker to share driving.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3213 on: April 17, 2024, 09:10:21 pm »
Today my wife and I celebrate 30 years on paper together! 4 kids and nine grands. Very blessed to have her in my life. 76 degrees today!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3214 on: April 17, 2024, 10:36:28 pm »
Congratulations Ben. Hope you have many more

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3215 on: April 18, 2024, 12:33:33 am »
Congratulations, Ben. Quite an accomplishment.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3216 on: April 18, 2024, 09:11:42 am »
Congrats, lots can't say that. Ya supposed to be in the 80's here today, then storms and cooler, never know in April/May in Tennessee.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3217 on: April 20, 2024, 10:58:50 pm »
Thanks all for the well wishes. There were a few times my wife was in some pretty serious circumstance, I wasn't sure we would get here. Was near 80 at home today with a scant threat of thunderstorms in the forecast.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #3218 on: April 21, 2024, 11:34:04 am »
Congratulations to you and the Mrs, Ben.  Mrs. Badger and I are coming up on 20 years in a couple months, and we generally still like each other, so we're calling it a win.  Some of you guys make me feel like a youngster!

Yesterday was a pretty full day.  Started out with a walk up the hill with the Badgerling, looking over the big elk herd that's hanging out on the edge of town and scouting the foothills from a distance for promising bow-wood.  Got three out of the four garden beds cleaned out, weeded, dug, and ready for planting.  Dug a bunch of dandelion roots with the Badgerling and roasted them to try dandelion "coffee." 

After a nap, I finished up a herculean shop/garage organization/clean out, with better bow and accessory storage, and the tillering tree mounted to a stud right next to my work bench.  Then watched a little TV with Mrs. Badger and processed a few stalks of dogbane for future projects, and ended the day with a walk down to my buddy's place for a nice Scottish ale and some campfire time.  (My favorite hunting partner is also the master brewer at our local establishment.  How's that for a good situation?)

Today, we're going to visit our old "big church" for a special Bible study they're doing that sounds interesting, then meet with our normal "house church" for further spiritual goodies, then lunch with some friends.  Hoping to get a juniper kid's bow finished up or close to it today.  We have a house showing tomorrow so I'm sure Mrs. Badger will be calling out the troops to get things cleaned up nice, too.

Whew.  Looking forward to going back to work Monday so I can get a little rest!   ;D
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour