Author Topic: Goose hunt?  (Read 4977 times)

Offline TSA

• www.trueshaftarchery.com
Re: Goose hunt?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 03:32:36 pm »
BTW, they are my favourite fletching medium for this coastal rain forest we live in.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 06:02:23 pm »
Wayne,
Many of us could take them that way on the ground except for that minor detail of rifles bring illegal down here! :( >:D.  Government sometimes ruins all the fun!s. I don't think I would send my dog swimming 700 - 800 yards!  She sometimes tries to swim vertically, which ain't real cool since she is an Irish Water Spaniel, and should know better! >:D
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline TSA

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 11:12:49 pm »
yup, rifles and bird hunting are a no go here too.  :)
 prone to ricochets on water.
 not advocating folk break the law- but i have friends who shoot them like that, in  remote areas up here in the north!.
 we get them on our front lawn all year round, in large numbers, and have about 100 resident winter canadian geese- that spend all winter on our lawn.
i worry about shooting them with  a bow- just as others have mentioned- they could fly far- and being right on the ocean, they would head far.
 but i get all the wings i need from local folk around town.

Offline Ryan Jacob

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 05:45:47 am »
How do you’re arrows even hit them, they fly like a kilometer high? And I remember the average distance being only 200 yards or so

Offline TSA

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »
i guess one could catch them like the natives catch birds in africa, fishing line and hooks set in corn grains- pretty brutal- but i guess when you are in survival mode, compassion is secondary

Offline archeryrob

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 06:33:20 am »
I would shoot them on the water or land, where legal. wing shooting with a bow would take tremendous skill and closeness.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."