Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 bow trade sign up closed, reserves needed though  (Read 19560 times)

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
 I've already had an offer of help and others keen to take part so let's do this!!

Here is a link to last year's trade for anyone interested in a taste of the fun we all had, as well as the rules and systems Fred designed.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,55778.msg758949.html#msg758949

This year's non-invitational trade (hopefully someone will launch the Invitational soon) will be run more or less on the rules set down by Fred last year, finishing end of September. Full rules posted when sign-up closes on March 10th, so lets all make this a brilliant year! Sign up here with r/h or l/h, draw weight, draw length.  If you have a preferred style then its OK to suggest one but I'd prefer the design to be down to the bowyer as I want people to have the chance to experiment and learn something new   ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:56:20 am by stuckinthemud »

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
Re: Fred Arnold 2017 bow trade sign up
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:58:19 pm »
Timothy Rone.
R/h 45-60#@ 28"
Any style is ok with me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:01:24 pm by TimothyR »
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline Limbwalker

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:55:46 pm »
R/H
#45-#55
27"-28" Draw, doesn't matter anywhere close to that is good.
Don't care what style at all, not picky thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:00:37 pm by Limbwalker »

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »
right handed
27 inch draw
45-55 pounds please

This is awesome

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »
Who all is helping you out Stuck? What's the deadline for shipment?

Looking forward to it. Count me in for a bow. I'll be happy with anything.

RH 40-60#
I typically draw 26", but can shoot bows at 28"
ship U.S only

Tattoo Dave

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:01:32 pm by tattoo dave »
Rockford, MI

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 07:54:06 pm »
I'm in not picky and easy to please.

I am R/H
50-60# (I'll more than gladly accept you best  ;D)
Draw 26-28"

Figured I'd leave enough wiggle room.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 06:16:31 am »
Thanks Guys, that's a brilliant start!
suppose I need to sign in too ;D

L/H
anything
24 to 26" draw
35 to 45#

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:22:04 am »
ty_in_ND has already stepped up, big thanks and much appreciated!  Figure a loose 6 months time-scale will allow all of us connected to education to build through the summer vacation - wrap everything up about mid September.  I don't want what happened to Tower to happen this year so am still wondering about when to give out shipping addresses - maybe have two or three shipping dates, sort of when a group of you finishes a bow then they can all ship together  - no 'last man standing' situation this year?

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:10:30 am »
ty_in_ND has already stepped up, big thanks and much appreciated!  Figure a loose 6 months time-scale will allow all of us connected to education to build through the summer vacation - wrap everything up about mid September.  I don't want what happened to Tower to happen this year so am still wondering about when to give out shipping addresses - maybe have two or three shipping dates, sort of when a group of you finishes a bow then they can all ship together  - no 'last man standing' situation this year?

I've volunteered to help out with keeping on top of things like who's getting who's bow and who's shipped/ready-to-go and who hasn't shipped/received (especially if this trade reaches the size it did last year!).  I will not be making a bow for this trade, but if it looks like there will be a problem with someone not getting a bow, I'll be more than happy to scrape some wood.  Anyone who ships a bow should get one.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:59:44 am by ty_in_ND »
"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 10:52:55 am »
We already got 6 sent in their details and 3 probables so looking good   :)

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 03:35:58 pm »
I'd love to get in on this again. But im not sure when I would be able to start. It would depend on when my eye doctor allows me to move more weight. Problem is that every time I have another surgery on that eye it resets the clock again, cans I know for sure of two more to go. I might be able to crank out something later this summer. But for right now I'll happily sit on the bench. So if anyone ends up short and needs a bow, I can get one turned out and get something out. Just send me a PM if this is the case and I'll be more than happy to help. By then I'll be wanting to do something anyway from being locked in the house not allowed to do much for a while.

Kyle

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 03:59:25 pm »
Right handed
45-60#
Any style is cool
27" draw weight but if it's a shorter bow a shorter draw is fine  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:23 pm »
Welcome Upstetnybowyer !

Kyle, last year we had a last minute re-shuffle and I'm pretty sure having a late starter, or two, would have been really useful at that time - I do have a 'reserve' list of sorts and if you don't mind I'll add you to it?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:37:39 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 04:46:47 pm »
A reserve list works well for me. If someone drops you can plug me in. Or I can make a bow to plug in, I wouldn't need or expect anything in return for that. I jut want to make sure everyone gets what they sign up for.
But just incase,

RH
~50# at 27".

Any design, any draw weight. It doesn't matter to me. I love seeing what everyone makes and how they make it. It could be an easy ahooting light weight bow to a big ol warbow and I'll be a happy, it might be a bit before I build up to shoot the big boy though. Maybe every steal a few things to incorporate into my stuff.

Kyle

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »
Reserves and Extras

If all goes well we may not need our reserves, and also, some trade members may want to contribute more than one bow - I propose that reserves have the right to build a bow for the trade at any time should they wish to. Unfortunately, they won't have anyone to send it to.  What I suggest is that all those who build a bow with no-one to send it to go into a mini-trade at the end.  What do you all think?