Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 150488 times)

Offline gfugal

Re: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, progress updates, questions and chat
« Reply #540 on: August 19, 2017, 06:13:21 pm »
yeah, the right limb does have a natural kink since it has a natural deflex of 1.5 inches at the tip. It's not really bending there, right out the fade, but it looks like it is. If the left limb doesn't have that deflex like the right, will it drastically affect the tiller? For example, should I not be trying to get them bending the same distance at brace but only on full draw, since they might have to be bending at different rates to reach the same bend at the final destination of full draw? As you can see the left limb isn't bending as much at this point. I did that on purpose because I'm worried it will bend further the at later draws.
Greg,
No risk, no gain. Expand the mold and try new things.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #541 on: August 20, 2017, 03:08:56 am »
You could try twisting the long string shorter and see what happens to the bow shape. I wouldn't take it to full draw straight from a long string, a two inch brace height is plenty to see what's going on.

Offline cabinetbowguy

« Reply #542 on: August 22, 2017, 06:54:23 pm »
Well its ready for finish :)
Amen

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #543 on: August 22, 2017, 08:35:19 pm »
Lookin' good CBG!
Got my guys bow sanded to 400, overlays on, fancied up a bit, the rest on, and getting the coating on, 3 so far. Now a few weeks to decide what sort of handle to put on while I intermittently put on coatings.
Eric

Offline cabinetbowguy

« Reply #544 on: August 22, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »
Thanks High_desert !

Hopinf to get my marking on it tommrow and get a string twisted up for it.
Amen

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #545 on: August 22, 2017, 09:58:41 pm »
Nice bend CBG!

Got a few finishing touches in the works for my victim's osage bow. We're rounding the final bend boys!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2017, 01:39:00 am »
Looking good CBG

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2017, 01:21:49 am »
When we are finished, do we post pics or wait for the recipient to get the bow?
Eric

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2017, 04:53:48 am »
Up to you, the only compulsory pictures are the proof of tiller, you can post the finished shots or wait for your victim to do it, or you can put up some teasers 😀

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2017, 06:22:27 pm »
So when can we begin shipping finished bow?

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2017, 05:06:23 am »
Thanks Dave, would you look at the time, its ONE MONTH LEFT O'CLOCK!!!! 

OK guys, there's at least 3 of us not posted 'tillered' pics. In theory, everyone needs to be done tillering in the next two weeks at the latest to leave two weeks for finishing-off.  So, it should be possible to start shipping in two weeks time, but, life happens.  If you need extra time PM me.  There is a Reserve bow in-build in case anyone is forced to drop-out at this late stage.

Also, I need to start putting together the Extras Random Draw list, so if anyone has a bow built for the Trade as a Plan B wants to join an Extras Draw I need to know.  What do you all think about opening the swap out to the wider PA community?

Andrew

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2017, 05:13:13 am »
In case you missed it

ONE MONTH LEFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

I still need to take a full draw of it, but I've got a back up ready to go. It's a little heavy and fairly ahort, but it shoots well. It's a 65# at 27 or 28". I can't remember at the moment without looking at it. Made of fumed black locust. I'll try to get, Atleast a tiller tree pic of it today. It's been done for a while and shot a bunch, Ive just been lazy about taking pictures.

Kyle

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Hi Kyle, I lose track, is that plan a, b, or c? :) :D ;D (SH)

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

i tgibk that one was plan C. A and B were a toss up of which one gets sent where, same specs, two completely different designs. Plan B is gone, and plan A is still going to go where I originally intended it to. I'm about to get the details finiahed on my personal bow, but if necessary it can be sent out to. If they someone feels like playing with a walnit ELB of almost 70#. But I guess the other two aren't too far behind at 55# and 65# draws.

Nothing fancy, but made it feel more like a bow than a dark colored stick. It'll get a full photo shoot once fully dilled up and I get the time to take a bunch of pictures.

Kyle