Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 150599 times)

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
THIS IS AN ULTIMATUM.

I have had pms or emails or posts off almost everyone, I have to send out addresses by Sept 20th AT THE LATEST or its all going to get a bit silly. If I don't hear from you, or someone on your behalf by Sept 19th (you can even contact Ty by phone and he can contact me for you), I will have to switch your place with a reserve.  Anyone switched out will still be eligible for the reserves and extras draw, if it goes ahead.  Haven't had anyone  list a bow for that as yet.

This does NOT apply to everyone still working on their bow, only people who have disappeared.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
I'm still here. Work has had me quite busy lately. My elm bow is currently overweight, but bending evenly. I'm just working on dropping the poundage, but it's slow tedious work. My takedown is ready to have the bolts epoxied into the receiver and I can start to work on the bend from there. I have to work this weekend, but I'll be the only one in the shop so I may take a bow with me to work on while I watch the machines print.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

I've got one bow for the reserve pot, te black locust bendy handle. It's a little on te stout side. But should fill in, in a pinch. It's short and draws 60-65# at 27". I think I posted a tiller tree pic of it a few weeks back.

Kyle

Offline Gaur

My replacement take down sleeves arrived today so will keep moving forward on Osage take down
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

My bow is ready to ship, I need to do a little photo shoot and then wait for the ship date.  Its been a blast and its one of the finer bows I have built, I'll try to get some photos tomorrow or Tuesday.

Offline Red Arrow

I apologize for not posting anything in awhile. My daughter has been having issues with her epilepsy and I lost my phone so I didn't have any internet access. My daughter is back home and I've got a new phone now so I'm working on the bow again. Hopefully I'll have it finished this week.
Runnin' the Ridge
Racin' the Wind

Red Arrow, aka Ron

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Hi Red Arrow,
Glad to hear from you!  Sorry to hear about your daughter's epilepsy; if you need extra time let me know. Losing your phone sucks!  I've just lost mine, all my work numbers being lost is making life very difficult.

Keep in touch
Andrew

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Oooh, its all getting very exciting, seven bows nearly finished and the rest all waiting to be shipped, its going to be a fabulous fortnight!

It looks like we're all going to be shipping in the last week of September, but, I don't mind issuing the addresses in two sets, so what do you all think about the idea? Send out one set of addresses now, and the rest when everyone else finishes?  Or we all ship together?

Offline DuBois

I vote everybody that's ready the last week of Sept. ships and the others as they finish.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

I'm game with that plan.

Kyle

Offline wizardgoat

My bow just needs some coats of finish. Been shooting it a lot lately, and brought it to our local gathering for other guys to shoot as well. Are we posting pics here of finished bows?

Offline penderbender

• island life...
I am game with that plan as well. Mine just needs to be signed and finished. It's had about 175 arrows shot out of it, I wanna shoot it a few more times though. Cheers- Brendan

Offline upstatenybowyer

I'm in with the game plan. I'll have more money to ship by then too.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Ok, so lets go with that then. Takes some pressure off the guys still working too. We all want to see pictures of the finished Bow, but I guess it doesn't matter if the builder or the receiver, or both post them, its Up to you. We do have to get a tiller shot though.

Offline bushboy

Well here's plan C
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.