Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 149911 times)

Offline gfugal

Can no one else see the photos in my previous post or is it just Stuck? I think I'm going to tiller it just a tad more, maybe to make sure brace is real even, then I'll sinew it cause I don't know how much that will through off the tiller, and I want plenty of room for adjustment. I hope that creak was the string, but ever since I heard that sound on my last bow that broke it makes me hesitant. If it was the back I'm sure the sinew will keep it in check, but if It makes it to where I can finish it I'll make sure it holds up by putting several hundred shots through it before I ship.

Gaur that's looking real good. If you still got some to take off, I would say maybe more mid-limb. It looks like most of the bending is happening right out the fades. Regardless, I'm sure it shoots great!
Greg,
No risk, no gain. Expand the mold and try new things.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
I can't see your pics either Greg. Cheers- Brendan

Offline Gaur

Yeah I've been working on getting the mid limbs working more

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:26:21 pm by Gaur »
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline gfugal

All right can you guys see the pictures now?
Greg,
No risk, no gain. Expand the mold and try new things.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Yup, much better

Offline Gaur

I just stopped by the post office.  A bow shaped bow was waiting for me.  Inside a beautiful yew bow made by high desert.  52# @28". Great poundage too.  Thanks much. I'll get some pics up shortly

Offline bushboy

Looking good gents!just a heads up for guys shipping international (IE,canada/us and vise versa) be careful what your declaration is or your guy might get slapped with a heavy duty!i always describe mine as a decurtive art bow and value at 20 bucks.i once declared it as archery equipment with a value of 300 and my guy got hit with a 60 dollar tariff!not cool!bush!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
 That's really good advice, I described the last bow I shipped as 'carved over mantle decoration' and valued at £5

Offline Gaur

A few pictures of the awesome bow I received today from high desert.  Thanks

I'm still building up to full draw but from what I have shot so far it is a very quick shooting bow

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:18:27 pm by Gaur »

Offline upstatenybowyer

That looks like a beauty for sure. Don't forget an FD pic whenever you get the chance!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline penderbender

• island life...
Wow sweet bow man! Very nice bow Eric! How's when the trade gets really interesting! Cheers- Brendan

Offline Gaur

I took the tips off my Osage TD and now it's at 60" ntn and pulling 50# @ 25".  I'm liking how it's shooting now.  Just need to tweek the tiller a bit more

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:26:47 pm by Gaur »

Offline cabinetbowguy

Whoo hoo mines shiped
Amen

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Sorry fellas, I checked out there for a minute. Too crazy around here. I received my bow from Kyle last Saturday. It's a beauty! I haven't had time to shoot it, but will this weekend, and will get a couple pics up. Thanks again Kyle! It's a fantastic bow. Deer season opened here last week, it'll be in the woods before too long, right where it belongs...hunting!

I'll be shipping out a bow tomorrow.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

I just got a text update from the usps and the bow was delivered! Someone has a gift waiting for them when they get home.