Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 149895 times)

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Yay! Been praying hard about that one

Offline cabinetbowguy

Hope its me its waiting for  :)
Amen

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Mark me as shipped. It should be there Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline wizardgoat

Mark me as shipped

Offline Swamp Thang

So my im so excited I finished with the big storm blowing through and all of the crazy stuff gong on I was worried I would be done but here it is not the best in the trade but by far my best.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Sweet! Love the colour and that carved grip is just fab
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:29:44 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline DuBois

Sorry fellas, Greenriverwoodcrafts bow is now officially mine!!
Wish my emojis worked on this laptop. I'd be throwing out some big smiley ones..
It's a powerhouse and very fine workmanship.
Thank you very much Bob.
I'll try to put it to good use.
Marco

Offline Swamp Thang

Thanks stuck it's far from what I had imagimed but I gave it hell followed my gut the whole time. Learned a bunch about the wood I used.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Looks good to me, I'd happily add it to the collection.
I'm getting excited to see which I pipe shows up at the door.

Kyle

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
CALL FOR RESERVES AND EXTRAS RANDOM DRAW

So far, although a few of you have expressed interest, only Kyle has put his name forward for this draw.

I propose a Halloween Draw.  It may be that the missing Trade members will find themselves as Reserves at this time (hope not but that is the spirit of the rules laid out at the start of the Trade).  Anyhow, we need more than one bow in the ring, I don't see any problem with you putting in more than one bow, you'd get back the same number of bows as you enter if you want to.

Come on guys, lets have some names - name and picture of the bow please, Draw closes midnight (Pacific Time) Oct 31st.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
Just wanted to give an update. My elm bow is looking and shooting pretty sweet. I have about half the tru-oil coats applied. I have a little pin stripe left and several more coats of tru-oil afterwards. I will be shipping by the end of the week.

I received my bow from DuBois and couldn't be happier. It's the only ERC bow in my rack as well as the one with the most reflex. After getting over my hesitation of stringing it without a stringer, I'm happy to report it's quite the snappy little shooter. I was shooting quarter sized groups with it in my 7yd basement target, which is just as good as any of my best shooters. If I can get some more practice in I may even take it out hunting this season. If it doesn't see any time in the deer stand, I may take it down the Allegheny for waterfowl. Thanks Marco, I'm lucky to have her. I'll post some pics of the elm bow and my new erc after I ship later in the week. 
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline High-Desert

A pipe showed up at the door today! it was a very cool trilam made by CabinetBowGuy. I haven't got a chance to get pictures or shoot it yet. Hopefully CBG can fill me in with what the woods are. Looks like Osage belly and Red Oak back,  not sure what the power lam is, looks like maple. I look forward to shooting it. Thanks CBG!
Eric

Offline cabinetbowguy

Glad it got there in one piece: ) it is a hickory back, maple core and osage belly not sure what the handle is possibly red elm. Hope it shoots good for ya !
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:01:16 am by cabinetbowguy »
Amen

Offline DuBois

Where's my manners? Gloating over my bow. You can see her in the "Atlantic cod skin backed hickory recurve" post.

Swampie, that bend is real nice and cool handle set up!

DK-Sure happy you like her.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:48:02 am by DuBois »

Offline gfugal

Siyahs and sinew are applied. Now I wait for a bit. I'm planning on cutting down the siyah to 3-4 inches instead of the 5 inches they are now.

Pardon the messy background.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:14:11 pm by gfugal »
Greg,
No risk, no gain. Expand the mold and try new things.