Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 147848 times)

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Send them to me and I'll repost them if you like

Offline PatM

pm me your email

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
pm sent

Offline upstatenybowyer

Man, I'm really happy with my victim's bow. It's totally finished with some special adornments that took me all summer to literally hunt down.  )P( I just got done shooting it for about 30 minutes and it's fast, light in the hand, and smooth.  (SH) It's so much more fun to build a bow with a specific person in mind to give it to. Thanks so much to all who put this trade together.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bushboy

Cool Mr upstatenybowyer!i'm sure it's a great feeling to be done!been there.anyways got the dye job done,green /black,c/w a poly sealer.makes the profile pop,and the ziggy handle
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline upstatenybowyer

Love the ziggy handle!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Some teasers from Pat!  Someone is gonna be a very lucky boy!!

Offline DuBois

The excitement is now officially building!!
I am a slacker with photos. Bow is shooting nicely and needs handle to complete. It will be ready for sure though unless there's an act of God to prevent me.

Offline Gaur

I've been working on a Osage take down and a guava bow while here in DR Congo .  My suitcase disappeared in route to a city here and it had my take down sleeve in it so having to wait till I get home tomorrow to do that and get one of those tillered .
Heating limb over fire with palm oil on it for a little limb straightening
. This star fruit tree worked well to apply the right pressure to straighten

Quiver a Congolese guy made for me.  He was going to make arrows but it's the wrong time of year for the grasses they use for shafts
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:17:09 am by Gaur »
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Thanks for checking in Gaur, hope you didn't lose anything too valuable. Your workshop is a bit more exotic than mine!  Love the quiver. Safe journey.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:31:31 am by stuckinthemud »

Offline Gaur

Here is a third bow I was working on. A natural recurve from a guava limb .  I cut and shaped it last year and had it drying strapped to some rafters to keep it from twisting.   Didn't want to cut it in half so will leave it there for next visit .

I lost all my travel clothes and shoes.  But My friend Paul is about my size so wore his clothes the last two weeks . 

Had a nice meal from this hind quarter of a red flanked diker.  Paul has been telling me how much better African game is than N. American game.  I must say it was very good. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:49:09 am by Gaur »
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
That bow looks like an interesting challenge :-) I can see why you wouldn't want to halve it.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
So some of you have been sending me a PM or two asking for permission to dispatch. I'd love to oblige but although Gaur and Pat have checked in, I still need to hear from Red Arrow and Dakota Kid.  Email is fine if you are having problems with Photobucket. Thanks guys. 
Email              avenue.woodcarving@yahoo.co.uk
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:08:13 am by stuckinthemud »

Offline bushboy

So found some small tension fractures on the belly from me straightening it I quess.couldn't see them before I put the finish on.old and blind!back to the drawing board! :'(
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline upstatenybowyer

I've had small tension fractures on the belly from straightening and it hasn't broken any bows yet. Way different then compression fractures on the belly from what I understand.

Nigerian Proverb