Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 148947 times)

Offline penderbender

• island life...
That looks really sweet bb. Very nice profiles. Cheers- Brendan

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Very, very, very, nice

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
OK, you got me good.  Thanks guys, you couldn't have sent me anything better, I already have a project bow underway that's stalled for a lack of sinew, so, no more excuses!  I'm blown away by all your generosity.  Thanks doesn't really cover how I feel, but its all I've got.

Offline upstatenybowyer

Hooray! It got there! Can't tell you how happy that makes me.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Swamp Thang

I'm alive!!!! Talk about some serious flooding down here. Man luckly we didn't float away but many others did

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Not sure how you found me; you make a heck of a good detective.

Hi Swamp Thang, glad you're still with us, you all had some serious weather to deal with!

Offline upstatenybowyer

Not sure how you found me; you make a heck of a good detective.

Hi Swamp Thang, glad you're still with us, you all had some serious weather to deal with!

I had a little help from DuBois and a certain "Cat" we all know  ;)

Swamp, good to hear you're above water.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
OK, here goes, we're about to enter the last week of the month.  Over the weekend I'll be sending out delivery addresses BUT please only dispatch if you are completely happy your victim is finished or very close to finishing.   If you have finished and you haven't posted that you are ready to ship ON THE THREAD, it would be a good idea to fix that as soon as possible.

If your postal address has changed over the summer and you haven't told me, your bow is going to go to the wrong place.

Thanks,
Andrew
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:20:48 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline High-Desert

I think she's done. Got the grip on today, did a skived leather grip, the racket type, whatever thy are called.  Got it dyed, and on, just need to put a coat of resolene on and some mink oil and it'll be good to send out. I'm pretty stoked to get this to my guy.
Eric

Offline bushboy

Decided to do a last minute lam job,bamboo backed yellow heart.glued in 1/2" of deflex and may make it bend through the handle a bit.my plan c is almost good to go.handle wrap and shipping crate.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline DuBois

Sorry fellas, Internet has been down so I am at work  >:D
Should be up and running tomorrow and will post a FD pic.

Hey Stuck, get busy on that sinew mate  ;D

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
The addresses have all been sent out!

If you got the wrong one please tell me and I'll re-send you the correct one.

DO NOT SHIP UNLESS YOU ARE HAPPY YOUR VICTIM IS READY TO ALSO SHIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a brilliant trade, so thank you to everyone who has joined in, I am sooo looking forward to the gallery of pictures you-all will be posting when you get your bows!! ;D :D ;) :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:26:36 am by stuckinthemud »

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Cut the pipe, I just need to pick up some caps and bubble wrap and it'll be ready to go. It might be getting shipped out in the morning. I just need to attach some silencers to the string. A couple strips of raccoon fluff.

Kyle

Offline bushboy

Hero's  the bBB yellow heart.kinda on the fence between plan C /D? Thoughts?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

I'm liking the look of that one Bushboy.

Kyle