Author Topic: Shed hunting  (Read 4543 times)

Offline JonW

Re: Shed hunting
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 07:35:52 pm »
Ed you can coonhunt at night and shed hunt during daylight. You don't need much sleep lol.

Offline UtahChippewa

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 08:49:28 pm »
Hey loon.... pm sent
Knapping...
If you’re breakin’ You’re makin’
If you’re bleedin’  You’re succeedin’

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 11:38:31 pm »
Hunted a lot of acres! As many deer as are around - sheds are light until a little mouse eaten... usually I trip over them in the tall grass!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 11:53:56 pm »
Yes coon hunting is tough on the day job.
Sometimes you just never know where these sheds will be.Along fence lines where they jump over sometimes and sometimes along the edges of the woods.We walked around another 2 hours today and did'nt find a one.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »
Was out rabbitt hunting last year around this time and found a nice shed antler and then was rabbit hunting this year in the same area and come across the match from last year it was a little weathered but still in great condition.  So I mounted the two together.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 08:19:20 pm »
I work at a Church and one of my jobs is picking up the cemetery. In the spring I found these laying between the grave stones.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 10:01:18 am »
Cool hunterbob.That's a big boy you found there.Finding the mate a year later not eaten up is pretty lucky.
I bet those horns would make a racket gong underneath and through a lawn mower I imagine Brian S.....lol.

BowEd
Ed

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 11:27:53 pm »
Yea I was lucky to find the other half a year later.  A tree fell on it and I just happen to look down at the right time.

Offline Jon Kaw

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 04:11:59 pm »

My crew mate found these as we were putting out a grass fire last night.  They were about 20' apart.  Good thing I didn't run them over with our brush truck! :o

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 07:02:57 pm »
Nice find!

Offline UtahChippewa

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 09:41:26 pm »
Sweet find! It's mostly catch and release here till they lift the ban on gathering sheds! April 1st can't get here soon enough! But it will give me time to knapp some "Turkey Bullets!" Gonna stick one for sure this year! :G
Knapping...
If you’re breakin’ You’re makin’
If you’re bleedin’  You’re succeedin’

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 07:10:06 pm »
Really nice balanced find of sheds Jon Kaw.Pretty pair.Personally I've run them kind through a tires on my truck fetching dogs a coon hunting.Tire goes down in a hurry.....lol.
Believe there might be a burning ban here as of lately for lack of rain.Things are pretty dry out.Unbelievable how with the slightest wind how fast a grass fire can move.Almost have to witness it to believe it.
We scoured the area here again for sheds but with no luck.
BowEd
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 07:13:03 pm »
Sweet find! It's mostly catch and release here till they lift the ban on gathering sheds! April 1st can't get here soon enough! But it will give me time to knapp some "Turkey Bullets!" Gonna stick one for sure this year! :G

Couldn't you catch them and release in the same area till the ban is over,,,hint,,hint? ::) 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jon Kaw

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:19 pm »
Yeah Beadman, it's pretty dry around here too, but everyone's trying to get their CRP burned by the contract date or get pasture burned before they put cows out.  When the county allows burning everyone lights up at the same time.  Makes for a busy day.  At least I get to cruise the pastures and find cool stuff. 8)

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:56 pm »
Our snow is just about gone so maybe I can get some real shed hunting in and no worries of grass fires  (=) with snow melt. Brian S.  what a great place to lay around and shed your horns  in a cemetery no hunting and not a heck of a lot of visitors in the winter :-D (S) (S) Bob