Author Topic: Bamboo shafting (straightened and spined)  (Read 5397 times)

Offline willie

Re: Bamboo shafting (straightened and spined)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 10:26:05 am »
I got some from a supplier in  lakeland florida a few years back that a member recommended.

Can anyone comment how they compare?

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:30:24 am »
I got some from a supplier in  lakeland florida a few years back that a member recommended.

Can anyone comment how they compare?

Doesn't the supplier in lakeland just sell raw boo? Or are you talking about someone else that sells finished shafts?

Offline willie

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 10:41:34 am »
I suppose it was raw, and I really have no idea if it was the species advertised, but then again "bamboo from china" in the OP is not too specific. I suppose the product discussed by the OP is sold as " finished "
arrowstock? Is is heat treated or something more than dried?

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 01:21:11 pm »
Yeah, the stuff we're talking about is straightened, sanded, caramelized, clear finished, and spine matched. It's ready to make a knock, glue on feathers and a point and bob's your uncle.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 04:00:44 pm »
I bought 2 doz off the big auction site last year. Have only made up six of them so far but have shot them a lot with out any problems ( exept loosing one).   Dont remember exact weight on them but I think the lightest came out around 490gn and heaviest a litttle over 520gn. Thats with a 125gn field point.
Steve Bennett