Author Topic: Is there a formula ?  (Read 4064 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Is there a formula ?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 07:36:06 pm »
Might want to peek at some of Ed Scotts' vids he's put out there Ritch.Although most of his bows are a bit shorter then the newest picture shown.That one is 57" correct?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »
Yep that's the full draw bow shooting for 57 in. 47 lb. @29 in  kinda mixing threads here but have about another 400 grains of sinew or so to go hopefully this week end but this one is starting to hold the reflex on it's own this bow was tillered to about 21 in. 30 lb. before sinew if I rember right ,with the charechter snake it will be center shot also ,if I can get it to fly it will make a nice blind bow ! Thanks for the tip I will look for the vids when I get a chance Ed  I'm starting to see one of these in your future....lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:09:15 pm by Stick Bender »
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 07:12:20 am »
I'm just wondering if a minor retro flip of say 1 1/2 in is going to make much of a string angle change on such a short 44 in. bow pulled to 21-22 in. as opposed to keeping all the strait limb working , going threw some of my native books I see it done both ways any body have any thoughts or exspereince with it ?

Offline willie

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 03:18:46 pm »
might help to keep the string from coming off end wise

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 03:41:19 pm »
I thought of that to Bob but knocks like these would work to hold the string on on a strait limb, it would look nicer with the flip but not sure performance wise if there is a advantage the thing that got me thinking is 99% of all the native bows this size where strait limb in all the books I looked at , this is not really a replica but just found that interesting , maybe try this one strait and the next fliped.