Author Topic: Quiver options.  (Read 5938 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Quiver options.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 06:01:47 pm »
As somewhat such Aaron?Being thick beef rawhide it gets impregnate with bees wax that'll stand up for quite a while.Even being a water canteen I've found out.....lol.Think they nick named them cat quivers because they are quiet retrieving an arrow.

Or a fur hide one using a split dogwood the length for an opening.Quieter yet.

I like steve b.'s protection of fletching though too.For heavy dew etc.I don't normally hunt in the rain really but on an extended hunt in strange country you do what you got to do.Although a well tuned arrow shaft helps when the chicken feathers lay flat from being wet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:10:45 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline steve b.

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »
Those are great, Ed.  But yea I want my fletchings covered for protection from moisture and brush but it also quiets when removing the arrow.  There's just gonna be those times when you are not at the ready with an arrow and you find yourself close to an animal that you've stumbled upon.  Gotta get that arrow out quiet.
With the fletching exposed they are vulnerable and they will scratch across stuff as you move.  Its a win/win by covering them inside and out with fleece or wool.  If its really wet then of course you could have a bag to slide over the whole works to keep it somewhat dry.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 09:42:21 pm »
Yup, just like that top one Ed.  :OK