Author Topic: Lean to with Grandson  (Read 2948 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Lean to with Grandson
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 04:14:48 am »
Very cool Brian ! The stuff memories are made from  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 05:25:31 am »
Very cool, brings back old memories, Beau and I use to do that pretty regular, we would just through up something for a night or 2 down on the creek, wander the farm and creek all day and settle into our camp at night. Very special time spent with kids. You are a great Grand Paw and he will remember that all his life as will you. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 08:58:59 am »
Brian,
I think KNOLL called you an "Old Fart!" (A), sounds like he knows you pretty well!

The pic of you and Michael is really cool, it's a special place that the two of you made for yourselves.
The rest of the pics are cool also, it looks like you got a really nice piece of property.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 09:21:11 am »
Great time looks like with your grandson.Good to teach everything has a purpose and a reason for living.Except a tick....lol.I can't find a purpose for those fellas.Except bird food....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 10:20:58 pm »
Kevin,
You  have a invitation to come out and see it first hand anytime (maybe if you setup at the Trappers Show over in Little Valley this Summer). You can stay in the lean to when it is finished or I keep a extra tent stashed away for guests to use. I had planned on going with Michael this Sunday to work on the side walls and see how the ammo can stove will work for heating it but I am still a bit on the mend. Not sure if I am up for the drive yet. I may instead take him up to Hawkeye as it is a much closer drive. Maybe shoot our bows and cook up some lunch out on a campfire.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 07:53:43 am »
Thats was a great idea you had to build the lean-to with your grandson. I can just imagine what it means to him to have a spot to go to and get away from the modern world for a bit, maybe pretending he is a pioneer, or fur trader, or desperado hiding out from a posse. I loved exploring the woods when I was a kid and could have spent hours at a spot like that. Your a cool grandpa for getting him out there and sharing that experience you had as a kid too.
Looks like a beautiful patch of woods too. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 04:09:22 pm »
Ammo can stove worked good. We still need to put it in a bit more permanent and finish up that side wall. Added a small tarp to the other side and a Reflective blanket to help keep the heat in (at least that was our thinking). Need to level out the floor a bit here and there and maybe build a raised bed. It was a nice morning to be outside.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 04:36:45 pm »
It's looking good.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 05:11:06 pm »
Way cool - I could stay a week or two in that easy  (=). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.