Author Topic: 4 blade broad head with single bevel  (Read 2878 times)

Offline SMeeres3030

4 blade broad head with single bevel
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:19:03 am »
hi guys hoping someone can help me with a way to sharpen my broadheads razor shapr. they are 4 blade single bevel called Black Copperhead Slicer. i can get them to trim haor but not razor sharp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 4 blade broad head with single bevel
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:44:39 am »
There is a company called Tru Angle(I think). They make a sharpener that is a block of wood with 2 files attached at the proper angle for different broadheads, whether it be 2, 3 or 4 blade. I don't know if they are still in business.
 Why a single bevel on a 4 blade? I thought the purpose of a single bevel was for a two blade to aid it through the body by cutting the direction of the arrow rotation.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:32:10 am »
Trimming hair is razor sharp, and more than sharp enough to do work.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SMeeres3030

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »
Thanks guys. The single never is just wat was factory so I was keeping with it. And yes I've tested it and it's pleanty sharp for the job at hand.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 09:01:20 pm »
I have the two files mounted on an angle and if you use it with a four blade or three you will sharpen all sides of the blade.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:44:04 pm »
That's like what I was talking about, Eddie.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC