Author Topic: Glue on Broad heads for 50# hunter class at Bonniville  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Glue on Broad heads for 50# hunter class at Bonniville
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »
Well yes or no ? The English used the still points with pitch on them on there war bows I think.
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Glue on Broad heads for 50# hunter class at Bonniville
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:09:11 pm »
I don't know if the rules have changed but I made a set of broadhead arrows for a bow I sent to Steve many years ago and the points were nothing more than a triangle of steel 3/4" wide by 1" long glued into the end of the shaft.  So far as I know they were not disqualified
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 01:00:06 pm »
Ok Mark is that the only legal kind? If so that's what I will show up with. I know it will be a bit more difficult to center the point up on the shaft. But practice gets you closer to perfect.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline avcase

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:01:04 pm »
For the primitive Broadhead competition, the Broadheads can be made from metal, stone, bone, or any other natural material. The Broadhead point must be wide enough that it can not pass through a 7/8" diameter ring, and have at least two "cutting edges" not less than 3/4" long. Some competitors simply cut trade-style Broadhead points from a wide bandsaw blade. The cutting edges do not have to be razor sharp for this competition. In fact, it's probably better if the edges are not razor sharp.

Alan