Main Discussion Area > Cooking Forum

RAMPS!

(1/7) > >>

JW_Halverson:
I love this little local business that has seafood buyers in fish markets on both coasts that ship in fresh seafood overnight.  They get in some wonderful stuff that we would never otherwise see, things like sea robins, monkfish, cockles, and a bourbon barrel fermented soy sauce from Kentucky that is do die for!

But they just posted on Facebook that they have RAMPS!  I have wanted to try these wild greens since the first time they were described to me.  So guys and gals, do me a solid and post your favorite way of having these delicious things!  Please!

RBLusthaus:
sauteed in a little olive oil till they wilt and the tops crisp up a little and then add some salt.  You'll love em.  Not too different looking than scallions or green onions.  They go great on top of everything, if you ask me (noone does).

Russ 

jaxenro:
I had em on pizza before

Pat B:
Folks around here mix them with scrambled eggs.   I've actually never eaten them.

nclonghunter:
I come from a ramp rich state (West Virginia) and have only eaten them once. I was always told that if you ate ramps you could not go to school cause they would make you go home. The smell will leak out of your pores and smell like garlic for weeks. The stories abound in WV but I was on a turkey hunt and another hunter invited me to eat scrambled eggs with bacon bits,potatoes and ramps. It was delicious but that was the only time I ever ate them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version