Author Topic: Garter/Beech ALB  (Read 6556 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: Garter/Beech ALB
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 06:34:05 pm »
Thank you guys very much.  :)

Greenriver... 1st, I posted this bow back in early October so it's a bit late for a BOM entry. 2nd, your bows have some of the sweetest bends I've seen, so I wouldn't hesitate to enter them!  )P(

barebo... I would love to get together for a 3D shoot anytime!  (SH) We'll show those glass guys what it's all about  :OK

kbear... the bow started off with just a touch of reflex. It probably took between 1/2" and 1" of set. I think heat treating really did a lot for this one, and I most likely got lucky with a really good piece of wood. I always put at least 100 shots through a bow before posting it, lately much more. I always use Badger's no-set-tillering as a guide, and Beech certainly is a great bow wood, but I think a lot of it has to do with choosing an appropriate design for the wood, and for what you want the bow to do. This particular bow has a pretty low-stress design, so that probably helped as well. Don't be too hard on yourself. It takes time for each individual bowyer to find out what works for him or her.  ;)

redhillwoods... thank you sir. I actually gave this one away to a friend.  (=)

Thanks ohma2  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Garter/Beech ALB
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 06:37:21 pm »
Look forward to seeing you at Marshall Jeff
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise