Author Topic: Mulberry Flatbow  (Read 13869 times)

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
Re: Mulberry Flatbow
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 06:46:40 am »
Thanks Bjrogg! Your HHB has my vote by the way ;D

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:15 am »
Thanks Bjrogg! Your HHB has my vote by the way ;D
[/quote
Thanks Leonwood, that's quite a compliment considering the beautiful bows you entered. I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty good battle of the bows here. There are some really nice ones to choose from.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Perkinator

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 11:07:44 pm »
I love the slick black at the handle and tips. The red definitely brinks it all together. It reminds me of a snake, and not just because it has those crazy lateral curves. I love that sort of thing, but they tend to make my bow twist in my hand cuz I don't get the tips and handle just right. I bet it shoots like a dream. (SH)

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2017, 02:56:18 am »
I love the slick black at the handle and tips. The red definitely brinks it all together. It reminds me of a snake, and not just because it has those crazy lateral curves. I love that sort of thing, but they tend to make my bow twist in my hand cuz I don't get the tips and handle just right. I bet it shoots like a dream. (SH)

Thanks! I had the same problem of bows twisting in the hand with a few others, somehow on this one I got lucky and the tips and handle line up perfectecly when strung. Did use some heat for that in combination with a belly toast.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2017, 07:58:46 am »
Successful end to challenging project. Finishing decisions look great to my eye. Congrats!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Stefan

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 02:19:54 am »
Nice one, she's beautiful. Stefan
Iron rusts from disuse, water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.

Leonardo