Author Topic: Learning to shoot offhand?  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Re: Learning to shoot offhand?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 06:56:15 am »
It might be a good chance for you toa make another bow, one specifically for this purpose.

I'm also curious how long it'll take and how muh maintenance shooting itll take to be able to shoot about as well from either side.

Kyle

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 10:08:29 am »
I tried this at the range the other day, my thumb ring didn't fit my left hand just right so I couldn't even draw my heavy bow, I may try again with my lighter bow.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:21 am »
 You'll be training your muscles all over again so starting with a lighter bow and working up in weight is the way to go. I've tried shooting left handed and it just feels weird to me plus my muscles aren't up to it either.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Woodeye

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 08:46:05 pm »
The hardest part will be leRnimg to nick the arrow on the string lefty!!! 
Waterford, Wisconsin

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 10:45:07 pm »
I would think having a left hand draw quiver would help immensely on the nocking.  I do remember it was a real pain in the nether region try to adapt to right handed gear!  Sometimes takes a bit of visualizing to see how to "flip" the piece, but it works.  😀👹remember, cock feather goes away from the bow, and right hand holds bow, left hand releases arrow (SH) :NN.  Hope everything is going well with your recovery!  Will send a pm.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry